Review Highlights
Consistently great night out

I'm an Oxford local and I have never been disappointed by Jericho - every show they put on has a... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2018
Dan_0xford
Oxford, United Kingdom
Easter break away

Cheap night out worth every penny. Variety of acts. Laughed a lot. Good host. Definitely recommend... read more

Reviewed 1 April 2018
Anne-Marie M
Hastings, England, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Oxford
from US$33.61
from US$25.55
from US$22.85
from US$33.61
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2016

I went two Fridays ago (08/04/2016) and laughed through most of the show.

The six acts (plus the MC) covered a diverse range of styles - there were observations from careers like sign language interpretation and junior medicine, to absurd sketches, to terrible puns brilliantly told.

Clever without being condescending, self-conscious without being up itself and most importantly very, very funny. I would highly recommend Jericho Comedy.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank tomcbarringer
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Jericho Comedy is my favourite night in Oxford and I try to go to every event. The quality of the performers is consistently high and the MCs do a really good job of making sure everyone feels welcome. Unlike other comedy nights I've been to it is a friendly and inclusive night. An added bonus is that all the money raised goes to the mental health charity Mind so not only will you have a great night you contribute to a good cause.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank claire v
Reviewed 14 April 2016

Without a doubt, Jericho Comedy nights are one of the most exciting little discoveries I made this year. It is a brilliant way to have a really cheap, but lovely evening with friends (though I do quite often go alone because I do love me a bit of comedy). Lil' glass of wine, some nibbley bits, and always a great variety of acts. There are some short sets, some longer sets, ranging from like 5 mins to 15, and the content is always quite varied (different forms of standup, character comedy, and funny spins of academic fields like history or philosophy) so there is always something a bit different, and bits for lots of different senses of humour. Whenever I take my friends, we always leave with contrasting highlights ;) really lovely vibe, and its great to get out of the rather student clogged oxford scene, for a real comedy night with real people. Can't recommend this enough!!

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank Francesca F
Reviewed 14 April 2016

Having seen a number of Jericho Comedy nights, I can wholeheartedly recommend them. Whether it's a big name or a newcomer, the comedy is always well worked and a much better alternative to grotty comedy clubs.

Date of experience: February 2016