“An afternoon well spent”
Review of Maison Blanc - Oxford - CLOSED

Maison Blanc - Oxford
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My brother and I enjoyed a relaxing couple of hours here. We booked a table as we had a Groupon voucher. The staff were polite and attentive. We had to wait about 5 minutes for our table. The waitress explained what we were entitled to with the Boucher and gave us both a menu. We were offered an alcoholic drink however we declined as we were both driving. My teaspoon arrived dirty and was replaced with apologies. We had hot beverages and a selection of tasty little cakes, possibly ten of them. The chocolate brownie was a chocolate lovers delight! The lemon meringue was pleasantly soft not crunchy and chewy. The overall presentation was lovely. The pots of tea provided at least 3 cups each. We were left to enjoy ourselves and didn't feel rushed. I think we will return however we will order a selection of sandwiches prior as the cakes were not enough to fill us up ;-)

1  Thank Suzi H

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Afternoon tea with a friend to celebrate our daughters' birthdays. Totally civilised and quite delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful. The patisserie were delicious and just the right size. I would go again and my husband enjoyed the cake I bought to take home for him, I had a little taste of it and it was amazing.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had our breakfasts here this weekend while in Oxford for a conference nearby. Brilliant atmosphere, delicious coffee and eggs both times. Lovely staff and the best possible way to start the days!! Quick and efficient service too. We were in a hurry but lovely to be surrounded by regulars sitting with their newspapers chilling over coffee and pastries or delicious cooked breakfasts. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

My friend and I are great lovers of afternoon tea and I had bought a voucher from Groupon for here. I booked in advance as it tells you on the voucher but make sure you tell them you have a voucher so not to be disappointed.
On our arrival we just found an empty table as there was no one to seat you even tho we had booked, and when seated a waiter who didn't look particularly happy in his work gave us some menus. As we had the Afternoon tea voucher and this comprised of cakes, tea/coffee and a glass of wine and so we ordered some savory food first. The menu had many choices and the food tasted very nice, however my friend said she could have eaten two of the quiches as they were small. The mini cakes tasted just gorgeous, just the right sizes and presentation was lovely.

The service and communication of the waiting staff was not the best. Also there were two customers with an issue on the next table and requested the manager as the waiting staff could not deal the problem and the manage appeared very calm, professional and polite and the customers were then quite happy.

My friend and I were very impressed with the cakes and I also brought some cupcakes for my husband to take home but the service and atmosphere were not brilliant .

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Given the strong brand I was keen to visit this restaurant, the food was well prepared but not as special as I had expected, given the prices I thought they could have delivered better value. Atmosphere and service OK but not more , a pity.

Maison B, Manager at Maison Blanc - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to read that we did not deliver on our service and food. We are constantly trying to improve our service here and I hope that if you come back in the near future you will see the improvements we have put in place.

We hope to have a new menu in the next few months and this should also help improve the overall impression and quality of Maison Blanc.

We hope to welcome you back soon and show you the real Maison Blanc that we endeavor to deliver.

Kind regards