“A Welcoming Stay”

Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Brigg, United Kingdom
“A Welcoming Stay”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Good value comfortable break. Warm, friendly and very helpful staff. Room fully equipped for four, and decent beds for the children. Clean, quiet and well positioned next to park & ride to Oxford. Staff were very knowledgeable about the area and facilities and very happy to share information.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Booked into the travel lodge, Oxford after our son was unexpectedly detained in Hospital. We arrived very early hours so didn't expect a great welcome; we didn't get one. The building looked clean enough but when we went to our room we realised it was not impressive. The bed looked clean though we were reluctant to check too closely based on parts of the room being dirty. The carpet was sticky to walk on and the bathroom with a disabled walk in shower was disgusting and we felt if we used it we would come out dirtier than we went in. Overall a horrible stay and even based on the fact that we were there with little planning, We would never stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

4 Thank Paul W
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Have recently stayed at the Oxford Peartree Travelodge and was pleasantly surprised by the comfort and cleanliness of the room. The hotel has just been refurbished and the room was clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel is in an ideal location for visiting Oxford as there is a park and ride just 5 min walk away from the hotel with buses running every 5 - 10 mins into the city. Would definitely stay here again.

Aberdeen
Reviewed 19 August 2014

On arrival, there was a pleasant greeting. Second room still being cleaned, but we were able to leave our bags in the first one no problem.
Turns out that they were having a plumbing problem - water came out very brown and my Mum was not impressed with her green bath water. However, the plumber was soon finished and bottled drinking water was provided without delay.
I'm saying this because of an important fact - things can always go wrong, but what makes it completely OK is how the staff deal with it - at this Travelodge, nothing was a problem to the staff. They dealt with every request speedily and with a friendly style. Excellent customer service!
The rooms are a good size, showers great, plenty of pillows and tea/coffee.
Our rooms were not noisy or too hot, but we were at the back of the hotel.
Parking fees were completely reasonable at £6 for 48 hours.
Food available at services across the carpark and you are 500m from the park and ride into Oxford.

Room Tip: Ask for an east or north facing room in summer time.
West Sussex
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We needed a 1 night enroute stop over in the Oxford area and found that the hotel prices shoot up more than I would expect in the area during the Summer holidays - probably the same sort of percentage rise as a seaside resort. Having searched around this Travelodge was the best price I could get for the 3 of us.

I shuddered somewhat when I realised it is right in the service area but so tired by that stage that I was just pleased to get there! Unloading and parking was easy, although as others have mentioned, the way the parking works was not very clear - we thought you paid on exit but infact you need to pay your £3 at the machine in advance. Anyway, I haven't received a fine yet and the reception staff said it would be OK!

The rooms are clean, basic and yes very warm but not as warm as the corridor which we called the sauna and a fan was provided in the room. Everything in the room as one would expect from a modern Travelodge plus a bath with shower which is always a plus for me. Personally I am not a big fan of the Travelodge Dreamer bed and if you are not a firmer mattress person you may feel the same. The hotel Wifi didn't reach to our room - it was as far away from reception as it is possible to get so I used my mobile hotspot which worked fine.

There is no bar or restaurant in the hotel but you can use the Holiday Inn bar and dining facilities over the carpark - definitely book though it is a big and busy one. Infact we would have stayed there but the few family rooms they have had gone. You can also pay to use the Holiday Inn leisure facilities which work out around £15 for adults and £7 for children for 1 days use (don't quote me on that - just a guideline).

I do have to commend the staff at the hotel - I accidentally left my watch under a towel in the room and they were calling me about it before I even realised. Our son also accidentally took their room home in his bag (they are proper keys, not cards). We were quickly and easily able to organise an exchange of these items, and they sent my watch back to me very quickly (I sent the key back with an SAE for the watch).

The location is a little noisy, we were right by the 24hr petrol station but the next week I stayed in central London which was much noisier! We also felt secure in our room.

I would certainly use this as a stopover again, there is not a lot of easy and reasonably priced family accommodation this side of Oxford and being next to the Park & Ride is a real bonus.

1 Thank aengusmum
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed for one night due to having to attend a funeral in the area. The one downside is that you have to pay for the parking, but other than that we had a really good stay. Despite being just off a major 'A' road it's set far back enough that we didn't notice any noise from it. The staff were warm and welcoming, and very helpful. The room was in good decorative order and very clean. It was perfectly adequate for a budget room with all the basic facilities you could need. This stay has restored some of my faith in Travelodge :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
North Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Easy to find the hotel, you have to pay to park there and the staff didn't explain this fully on arrival. The room was a standard travelodge room but was very warm in there and as we were on the ground floor was unable to keep the window open! You can hear every footstep the people on the next level are making throughout the night and the corridor was extremely noisy throughout the night with inconsiderate guests. If this was a premier inn there would be a refund coming my way!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family