“excellent tour”

Wander Oxford Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 51 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A guided FREE walking tour of a beautiful city with a friendly, local guide. Private Tours also available. Taking in historical sites, the famous University and Colleges. Discover the secrets of Oxford and learn the best ways to spend the rest of your time here. The tour begins opposite KFC, on Cornmarket Street, Oxford, OX1 3EZ. Check our online booking calendar for when the tours run. We recommend you book online as places are limited to 20 people. Tours run rain or shine. (Severe and adverse weather conditions may prevent tour running). Tour starts at 10.30am promptly and takes approx. 2 hours. The guide will be waiting to check guests in from 10am. Free Tours have no charge. Pay only what you feel the tour was worth at the end of the tour if you would like to tip the guide. A free Oxford map is included, marked with tour highlights. Everyone is welcome. Our tours can be wheelchair accessible. Some cobbles and narrow passages on our route. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
Reviewed 17 December 2017

I did this walking tour as part of a big group of international university students and Lisa said we were the biggest group she had ever given a tour to. There were a lot of us however this did this not matter at all as Lisa was so engaging and she told us really interesting facts and stories and very clearly which was really good for some of the students whose English wasn't perfect. We all thoroughly enjoyed the tour and would 100% recommend!

1  Thank daisychelton
Lisa G, Owner at Wander Oxford Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

You were a very large group- but all so lovely! I really enjoyed showing you all around.
Thank you for choosing me to be your guide.
And thank you for taking the time to give me a review.

All reviews
"informative tour"
in 16 reviews
"free tour"
in 18 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 10 reviews
in 7 reviews
"lisa"
in 326 reviews

Reviewed 20 November 2017

If you think that a two-hour walking tour is long, you are wrong here. With Lisa, who is so full of energy and enthusiasm, time simply flies. The tour is very informative and we loved all the little stories she told us, the details she showed us. At the end of the tour you want to come back to learn and hear more.

It was my pleasure to meet you all.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I hope to see you again in Oxford

Reviewed 17 November 2017

The Oxford Walking Tour was the best walking tour I have ever been on - Lisa's engagement with the locals was amazing and the level of knowledge fantastic. It was a very enjoyable 3 hours which I would highly recommend - the best happenstance I had on my trip.

1  Thank Diane G

I’m so pleased you enjoyed the tour.
Now I’m in my third year- and I still love doing them!
Thank you for such a lovely review.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Me and ou group enjoyed her company a lot. Really cheerful and wll prepared. You wont regret it !!!!

Thank you for your kind review.
I really appreciate it!