“Fabulous!”

Wander Oxford Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 51 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A guided FREE walking tour of a beautiful city with a friendly, local guide. Private Tours also available. Taking in historical sites, the famous University and Colleges. Discover the secrets of Oxford and learn the best ways to spend the rest of your time here. The tour begins opposite KFC, on Cornmarket Street, Oxford, OX1 3EZ. Check our online booking calendar for when the tours run. We recommend you book online as places are limited to 20 people. Tours run rain or shine. (Severe and adverse weather conditions may prevent tour running). Tour starts at 10.30am promptly and takes approx. 2 hours. The guide will be waiting to check guests in from 10am. Free Tours have no charge. Pay only what you feel the tour was worth at the end of the tour if you would like to tip the guide. A free Oxford map is included, marked with tour highlights. Everyone is welcome. Our tours can be wheelchair accessible. Some cobbles and narrow passages on our route. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Lisa was a fantastic tour guide. Lots of interesting information and great insight into the parts of oxford that you’d probably otherwise miss.
She doesn’t charge, just asks to tip what you think the trip was worth. For that reason she does a really great job and is worthy of those tips. Thoroughly recommend you take her tour and probably best to take it at the beginning of your trip so you can then visit all the places she talks about. Well done Lisa, keep up the good work.

Lisa G, Owner at Wander Oxford Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review. I love showing off Oxford to visitors. It’s so beautiful you can wander around by yourself and appreciate it. But it’s best to have the stories and history to truly love it!

All reviews
"informative tour"
in 16 reviews
"free tour"
in 18 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 10 reviews
in 7 reviews
"lisa"
in 326 reviews

Reviewed 3 June 2018

It only makes sense to get info from someone who knows! Lisa did a great job of making a fun and informative tour. Well worth taking the time, and we all came away with a long list of “possible things to do next.” Highly recommended.

I’m so pleased you found my tour helpful. Thank you for recommending me. Lisa.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I have done heaps of free tours in the past and this was the best. Lisa was a superb guide. Clearly spoken, friendly and passionate. Spoiler alert - free tour equals you must tip/pay the guide after the tour. Don’t just walk off. We tipped £5 each. Only complaint is that there were about 30 people on the tour (as last minute people joined due to the large sign displayed at the meeting point). Luckily Lisa could manage the large crowd with ease and grace but I don’t other guides could do this. I’d still have preferred if the group size was a bit smaller though.....

I’m so pleased you liked my tour! I think that day we had 33 (if the little girl counted correctly!) That’s one of the largest I’ve done! We had last minute arrivals and I’m sure people were joining on as we walked around. As long as everyone can hear me clearly, but I do try to keep the number around 20.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. You are very kind.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We stumbled across Lisa today not knowing about her tour previously, but are so glad we did. In fact yesterday I commented that it didn't matter if we didn't get into Oxford as we had been there years before and so I thought we had "done" it.

How wrong could I have been. This very articulate and enthusiastic guide has brought Oxford to life in ways I hadn't imagined. From her history of the city, her knowledge of the university and fun way in taking all these strangers down little lanes with lots of tales to tell, was amazing.

It is a two hour tour and it's not strenuous, just enjoyable. We did give her a "tip" at the end (wished we had given her more) but thought we would write this review as a Thankyou for a wonderful day in Oxford.

Good luck in the future Lisa, it was our pleasure to walk with you and the others today

It was my real pleasure to show you around the beautiful city of Oxford with all its stories and history. I’m so glad you found me.
This is one of the nicest reviews I’ve ever had. Thank you.
I hope to see you again on your next visit.
Lisa x

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend starting your day on Oxford on Lisa’s tour. She covers a lot of ground and gives you a very good idea of the layout, history and ideas on what to do in Oxford. She goes out of her way to be helpful both to the group and other tourists asking for directions. She speaks very clearly with a strong voice and concisely sticks to interesting facts and provides more detail if asked. Thank you Lisa.

You are more than welcome. It was my pleasure to show you around the town and university. And thank you for the review. I really appreciate it!