“Revealing and Fascinating Tour”

Wander Oxford Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 51 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A guided FREE walking tour of a beautiful city with a friendly, local guide. Private Tours also available. Taking in historical sites, the famous University and Colleges. Discover the secrets of Oxford and learn the best ways to spend the rest of your time here. The tour begins opposite KFC, on Cornmarket Street, Oxford, OX1 3EZ. Check our online booking calendar for when the tours run. We recommend you book online as places are limited to 20 people. Tours run rain or shine. (Severe and adverse weather conditions may prevent tour running). Tour starts at 10.30am promptly and takes approx. 2 hours. The guide will be waiting to check guests in from 10am. Free Tours have no charge. Pay only what you feel the tour was worth at the end of the tour if you would like to tip the guide. A free Oxford map is included, marked with tour highlights. Everyone is welcome. Our tours can be wheelchair accessible. Some cobbles and narrow passages on our route. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Lisa did a great job of expressing the cheek and character of the history of Oxford. She was a charming, passionate and professional host. She gave useful advice on which were the hidden treasures and what were the must see sites. The tour was well paced and provided insight and a desire to discover more.

Lisa G, Owner at Wander Oxford Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of my Walking Tour! I really appreciate it and am so pleased you enjoyed it!

All reviews
"informative tour"
in 16 reviews
"free tour"
in 18 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 10 reviews
in 7 reviews
"lisa"
in 326 reviews

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We were not planning to take a tour, but happened upon a brochure for Wander Oxford. It was a really nice day, so we decided to join. What a great decision!! Lisa is so charismatic and fun. She knows so much about the city...she told us history, fun facts, where different shows were filmed. You can really tell that she loves Oxford. She also knew about the events going on after our tour, so we were able to go to the Tolkien exhibit and see the boys choir sing at the evening service. We would have had a nice time walking around by ourselves for the day, but we have a much better understanding of Oxford because of this tour. Thank you Lisa!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa G, Owner at Wander Oxford Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

I’m so glad you found me and had such an enjoyable time in Oxford! And I’m so happy you went to Evensong at New College to hear the choir-and isn’t the Chapel beautiful!
Thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Lisa was a fantastic tour guide. Lots of interesting information and great insight into the parts of oxford that you’d probably otherwise miss.
She doesn’t charge, just asks to tip what you think the trip was worth. For that reason she does a really great job and is worthy of those tips. Thoroughly recommend you take her tour and probably best to take it at the beginning of your trip so you can then visit all the places she talks about. Well done Lisa, keep up the good work.

Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review. I love showing off Oxford to visitors. It’s so beautiful you can wander around by yourself and appreciate it. But it’s best to have the stories and history to truly love it!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

It only makes sense to get info from someone who knows! Lisa did a great job of making a fun and informative tour. Well worth taking the time, and we all came away with a long list of “possible things to do next.” Highly recommended.

I’m so pleased you found my tour helpful. Thank you for recommending me. Lisa.