The Claddagh Guest House
Orbitz.com
US$140
US$120
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$104
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$126
Official Site
All reviewschurchill hospitalhome from homeother guestsorthopaedic hospitalamazing hospitalitybus runs every minutesenjoyable night staywarm hospitalitylocal hospitalvisit oxfordbreakfast was deliciouscity centrebus serviceoff road parkingenjoyed my staywonderful staywithin walking distance
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My wife & I stayed here prior to an early morning appointment at the Nuffield Hospital.
Mena greeted us with a very welcoming smile,as only the Irish can do.
Everything was as near perfect as could be expected ,including a breakfast to die for.We did not require lunch that day !!
Mena also obligingly let us leave the car whilst we attended our appointment at the hospital,which is only a few minutes walk away.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B guest house above any hotel of similar price range,I have stayed in.
Well done Mena---Keep smiling and Good luck John & Margie

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I had a great one-night stay with Mena awhile back. The other reviews are by-and-large very accurate: what really makes the Claddagh Guest House is Mena; she's a welcoming, gracious, and helpful hostess. (She also makes great coffee.) Beyond that, I found my room to be clean and perfectly suited to my needs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed at Claddagh Guest House in Oxford during May 2012 while in Oxford for a hospital appointment. Mena was so welcoming and friendly it reminded me why I stay at B&B's as opposed to big hotels. The room was beautiful, spotlessly clean, spacious with a superbly appointed en-suite bathroom. A flat screen TV and good (free) Wi-Fi also. In the morning I was treated to a fantastic fully cooked breakfast which set us up perfectly for the day. Could not recommend Claddagh Guest House highly enough!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Having visited Oxford many times over the past 30 years I can't believe I'd never discovered "The Claddagh", this guest house is spotless, the rooms have everything you need, breakfast is yummy.... the back garden is huge, you could sit out there and enjoy the squirrels that frequent the garden.
Mena, the landlady, made us feel so welcome and nothing was a problem for her, would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Oxford. Well done Mena!!!

Room Tip: Any room in The Claddagh is perfect....
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nelliethebelly
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My friend and I were visiting Oxford University this spring and we were lucky enough to book two rooms with Mena. Her guest house is lovely, clean, comfortable, and quiet. The price can't be beat. She makes perfect poached eggs, a delicious full English breakfast, and has an array of cereals and fruits. The B&B is just steps from a bus that whisks you quickly to the University. In addition, when I arrived after a long flight from the States on a Saturday afternoon, I was in need of medical attention. I thought I would have to spend my first day in the emergency room, but Mena called her doctor, who called me back, heard my symptoms, and prescribed the proper medication over the phone, which I picked up the local pharmacy. What a life saver! You couldn't ask for a more gracious, caring hostess.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends