The Claddagh Guest House
US$173
US$158
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$105
Agoda.com
US$160
US$155
Official Site
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
All reviewschurchill hospitalhome from homeother guestsorthopaedic hospitalamazing hospitalitybus runs every minutesenjoyable night staywarm hospitalitylocal hospitalvisit oxfordbreakfast was deliciouscity centrebus serviceoff road parkingenjoyed my staywonderful staywithin walking distance
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Arrived late due to travelling and was given a warm welcome by Mena on arrival.
Lovely comfortable room, with everything i needed, bed, shower, coffee making facilities and free wifi.
Didn't make breakfast (a little early for me).
Perfect location as friend lives around the corner and about 1 min walk to the bus stop to take you into the City Centre.
Really enjoyed my stay and will most defiantly stay again. Thank-you x

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I have just spent a really lovely stay at Mena's guest house and we were very impressed. We had a very relaxing stay and found Mena to be a wonderful host - very helpful and friendly. Our bedroom was extremely comfortable - we had a great night's sleep. The ensuite shower room was large, spotless and well equipped. We would definitely recommend this guest house to others visiting Oxford as Mena has lived there many years and is very knowledgeable. She goes out of her way to be helpful and makes useful suggestions. Well worth a visit!

Room Tip: No. 3 at the back of the house was lovely and light with a great view of the garden.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne-Marie L
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Mena Wade's Claddagh House in Oxford is one of the best B&Bs I have ever stayed in, and compares with the best of the Irish B&Bs (which I have found to be the most welcoming). I was in Oxford for a course at the Said Business School and was concerned about staying outside the city center, but found that Claddagh House is very convenient to the center of town (a two minute walk to the bus, which runs every 10 mins, and takes about 12 minutes to get to the heart of the city). The house is gorgeous, with a beautiful garden (and large parking lot for those driving) and patio outside and a roomy sitting room upstairs filled with books (novels and local lore) and leaflets about Oxford sites. The rooms are modern, beautifully appointed, comfortable, quiet and spotless, with a coffee/tea pot and biscuits, and wifi. All the rooms but one are en-suite. The top-notch breakfast (loads of variety, from yogurt, cereals, stewed and fresh fruit, eggs any style to a full English fry-up) is served in a cozy dining room at a table so exquisitely set I had to take pictures. But the best thing about Claddagh House is the hostess, Mena, who provides such a warm welcome and is so attentive to her guests that I was sad to leave after a wonderful 6-day stay (though I didn't mind leaving the drizzly cold weather!). She seems to memorize people's names immediately, and introduced all of the guests to one another each morning so that every morning I had wonderful table chat over breakfast and met a variety of people from all walks of life - from a Russian researcher to a German car designer to a couple of IT gurus from Chelsea to an Irish architect in for exams to a retired lady in for a hip replacement at the local hospital. And always there was time for a chat with Mena, who was full of suggestions and recommendations and even drove me to the airline bus station to ensure I had time to do my last-minute touristing on the morning of my departure. My enthusiasm is boundless and I heartily recommend the Claddagh House to anyone planning on visiting Oxford. Because so many of us feel this way, make sure you book early as Mena tells me she does operate at almost 100% capacity most of the year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, though the doubles are considerably bigger. If you are planning to spend much time in your room (as I did in the evenings) it is worth the extra to book a double even if travelling alone.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KMFinRome
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Last weekend my husband and I spent a lovely weekend at The Claddagh Guest house. Our room, number 3, situated at the back of the property is spacious and has a large and well equipped en suite shower room. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room has masses of storage space. It overlooks a very large and beautifully kept garden and being at the back, is extremely quiet.
Our hostess, Mena, is very warm and welcoming and attentive to our needs. Breakfast is served in a cosy dining room looking onto the garden. Mena sets a very friendly atmosphere and has a phenomenal memory for names so that when all the guests sit around the same oval dining table, it is not in the least bit awkward. The breakfast menu is wide ranging, includes vegetarian options and is cooked to order and to personal taste.
The Claddagh is on the main road and has its own off road parking. It is on a bus route to town and only a couple of minutes walk from a bus stop. We would definitely recommend this lovely homely guest house.

Room Tip: We opted for a back room as we are not used to traffic noise but although on a main road, the house is well set back.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JoyceC81
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Claddagh when visiting a family member at Churchill hospital. It is ideally situated within 5 mins walking distance of the hospital. Very friendly staff. Lovely clean room which was very warm and cosy. Breakfast was lovely although I find sitting round a dining table with complete strangers a bit uncomfortable the host was very chatty and friendly.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo