“Warm and Welcoming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
The Claddagh Guest House
Ranked #14 of 82 Oxford B&B and Inns
Belfast
“Warm and Welcoming”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was in Oxford this week with my son who was having an operation in Nuffield. I was looking for a clean and friendly guest house close to the hospital. Claddagh guest house did not disappoint. We were a 5 min walk from the hospital and 15 mins from the bus station and shops. We arrived at 10pm on the Monday night and were met by Mena the owner. She was very warm and welcoming and after asking about our journey over from Belfast and wishing my son all the best for his operation, she showed us to our rooms. I had booked a single room for three nights. My room with en-suite was spotless, warm and very homely. As my son had to be in Nuffield for 7am, I missed breakfast, however, Mena kindly made me breakfast when I came back. Breakfast times were enjoyable, good chat with Mena and she made sure to introduce guests to each other. I would rate my stay with Mena 10/10 and would recommend Claddagh house to anyone. Thanks Mena.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BelfastEstefan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Balchik, Bulgaria
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I recommend this guest house to everyone. We stayed there 12 days without any problems. Nice breakfast, nice clean rooms, and more importantly - Mena, the owner is amazingly helpful and friendly. I felt so at home.

Thanks for everything!
Petya

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Petya B
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2014

AMAZING HOSPITALITY AND IMMACULATELY CLEAN ROOMS!!!! I stayed with Mena (the owner) for 9 nights in January. This was my first experience at a guest house/bed and breakfast and it was an incredible stay. I had never been to England before and Mena was so informative about everything as well as the other guests that I met at breakfast. We had alot of stories to share about each other's countries.This experience has been a truly memorable and incredible journey and I cannot thank Mena enough for the kindness she has shown to me and my daughter Brandi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie123888
Magherafelt
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed with Mena 27-31 Jan 2014
in a double en-suite room overlooking the garden.Mena greeted us by name with a smile on arrival and asked about our journey. We were shown to our room and told where we could eat out in headington and the bus we should take into Oxford.
Breakfast was excellent with fruits,cereal and full English on offer.
We were treated like royalty and would highly recommend this homely guesthouse to all. Mena you really do make people feel at home.Thank you

• Stayed January 2014
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have stayed at this bed and breakfast on three different occasions whilst attending a course at Nuffield Hospital. I have occupied two different single rooms and both have been comfortable , spotlessly clean and well equipped with coffee and tea making facilities, free wifi, tv and lovely ensuite facilities. Breakfast each morning is prepared exactly to your own tastes and plenty of hot coffee. I would thoroughly recommend this establishment to anyone looking to stay in Oxford as it is convenient for the hospitals , bus routes into town and local shops in Headington.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen D
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I can't recommend this b&b enough.
Mena gave me a Lovely warm welcome & I felt right at home. Rooms are of a lovely quality & spotlessly clean.
The breakfast here is delicious! Lovely buffet with cereals & fruit. The cooked breakfast was so tasty I didn't need to eat again until evening.
If you are travelling to oxfords & looking for a top class b&b with warm friendly host this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Mena was a delightful host and most helpful.We had a very comfortable double room at the back of the house which was very peaceful and spotlessly clean.The flat screen TV and kettle were welcome additions.Breakfast was generous and freshly cooked.The house was convenient for the bus into Oxford .Mena contacted us when we left a couple of items behind and sent them on to us.Parking there was convenient too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple