“Couldn't ask for more”
Review of home

home
Ranked #4 of 739 Restaurants in Oxford
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

New Hinksey and Abingdon Road has been crying out for a decent pub/restaurant/cafe and when HOME announced they were opening myself and local friends were all eagerly awaiting to see what it had in store for us. I'm pleased to say that HOME has more than lived up to our expectations. The food is great with really tasty innovative dishes. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and they have created a modern relaxed atmosphere which is child and dog friendly.
The menu changes regularly and so far having been a few times every single dish has been excellent. I'd recommend the Longhorn burgers which are cooked to perfection with triple cooked chips to die for. The roasted mussels with spicy sausage are a taste sensation and their salmon croquettes and fresh Asparagus are two bar snacks definitely worth a taste. To top it off it's good value and they have a good selection of well priced wines which are all available by the glass.
Keep doing what you're doing guys, we love it!!

Date of visit: July 2017
Management response:Responded 7 July 2017

Thank you so much for your kind comments, really pleased you had a great experience at home.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I can't tell you how pleased I am to have somewhere local that ticks so many boxes. Great for morning coffee with wifi to get some work done; superb toasties for a relaxing lunch but best of all, the a la carte menu in the evening offers a stunning selection of food. My friend and I had the falafel burger and chorizo mussels (which had just perfectly balanced flavours) followed by a yummy pud bursting with summer flavours and a cheese board. There was a great vibe but easy to get lost in conversation. Service was impeccable and I can't wait to sample more delights. Thank you Home team!!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Dani C
Management response:Responded 11 July 2017

Thank you Dani for your comments, it's great to hear you had such lovely experiences with us, long may we continue to impress.
Thank you for your custom.
Kindest regards
Home team

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Had two really nice visits here. Firstly, with friends and four young children on a Saturday afternoon. Little ones given pens and puzzle pages, which kept them happy. The children wanted fish & chips from the specials menu, which the chef kindly made up in smaller child size portions. I had an amazing falafel burger, which was just ace! Nice relaxing atmosphere, genuinely made to feel welcome (we all camped out for a good few hours) and didn’t feel we had to worry about children being too noisy. Also went on a Friday night, much livelier atmosphere, had a nice buzz about it. I hunkered down in one of the booths and enjoyed catching up with a friend over a rather fancy cauliflower dish (delicious and beautifully presented) and a good glass of wine. The whole place looked very stylish, with lots of bespoke furniture & fittings, but didn’t feel pretentious at all. Looking forward to going back soon.
Highly recommended by me!

Date of visit: April 2017
Management response:Responded 11 July 2017

Hello Kelly C,
Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review we are really pleased you have enjoyed your visits. With two young children ourselves we strive to make a family friendly environment where good food and good company can be enjoyed together.
Best wishes
The home team.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Home ticks all the boxes for a fun lunch with friends or a family dinner, or even a quiet business meeting over lovely fresh coffee. Friendly, spacious, and the food is just great. Worth a few minute more walk down Abingdon rd, if you're coming from the centre. If you're a resident nearby, lucky you! Enjoy it before everyone else discovers it.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This was a lovely surprise on my most recent trip to Oxford. Whenever I'm in town, I stay with a friend in New Hinksey. I love her neighbourhood, which now has a restaurant that does it justice.

The dining room is spacious, light and clean, and there were fresh flowers on the tables. The staff were very friendly. We were impressed by the wines and the creativity of the menu.

My friend had the salmon and I had the gnudi. Both were beautiful and delicious, with great local ingredients, as were the desserts--rum-infused berries and bloody peach something. I also had a fantastic decaf espresso.

This is my first review and may well be my last. My hope is it will lead to more experiences like mine, despite Home not being centrally located. It's worth the walk or ride! I'll certainly be eating there again.

Date of visit: June 2017
Management response:Responded 8 July 2017

Hello Matt O,
Thank you for your comments, so pleased you had a lovely evening. Our location is such that we benefit from word of mouth and reviews such as yours as opposed to passing trade. Look forward to seeing you again.