“Fantastic choice!”
Review of wagamama oxford

wagamama oxford
Ranked #162 of 649 Restaurants in Oxford
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed 8 June 2013

As a Vegan, finding were to eat in the company of non vegans is not always easy. This restaurant had a large choice for all. If you enjoy asian food this is a must. The prices are reasonable. You have to go early and be prepared to seat beside strangers as they just have long tables which everyone shares.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I've been visiting this branch for the last three years with my kids, every few months. My last time in was pretty bad and representative of some doubts I've had about the chain since they took my fave beer off the menu - the Asahi Black - about a year back. The meat portions are deffo shrinking and the vegetables seem to be less authentic - eg lots of cup mushrooms instead of shitaki. The servers seem stressed out and they were very slow. But the big problem is that, for me, the whole Waga concept is starting to feel tired and a little strained. I didn't mind the shared tables and the waiting and the noise when the food tasted real and it was relatively cheap but on my last visit we paid well over forty quid for me and two kids, the food was patchy and I felt hustled. (As a comparison, pizzas, drinks and profiteroles for me and three kids at Mamma Mia Summertown had cost me £34 the day before and the lunch deal at Branca is similar in cost). I also don't think their recent attempts to enliven the menu have worked - the kids menu has been the same for years and I don't think there are enough straight, cheap noodle dishes. I can understand that some people like things to never change but I think Wagamama risks becoming a bit of an 80s throwback. Noodle Nation just feels buzzier, more relevant and a lot cheaper. Slow death and sliding quality always looms for chains, as they try to cut their costs/sizes every year. I hope Wagamama can beat the pattern.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Restaurant is small and can be busy, but staff are helpful and seat you as quickly as possible. Food and service are ok. Love the chicken raisukaree.Good value for money.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Wagamama's is usually very busy and I tend to feel slightly rushed. I find that the food can be rather bland and expensive. I have been to smaller and cheaper places in Oxford that offer much better ramen at a much more reasonable price. They also have some funny code for the toilet which you cannot use without this code.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Had lunch there a number of times. The place is usually quite busy as it is right off the main shopping street and across the Covered Market. It was usually not a problem getting seated fairly quickly. Staff are very friendly, and the food is great value. Not a huge restaurant, but family and kid-friendly. A great option for quick and tasty food.