“Left feeling relaxed and educated!”

Sandfield Guest House
Ranked #5 of 85 Oxford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Firstly, Sandfield's location is excellent, allowing guests to easily enjoy all that central Oxford has to offer, as well as experiencing the outer suburbs which each have their own unique appeal and vibe.

Secondly, Paul's knowledge of the area is second to none and he will be very pleased to set you on your way with a fabulous itinerary which will allow you to really get a feel for the place, even if you only have a short time. Questions are welcome and Paul is very happy to interact with his guests as much as they wish, which I think really sets this guest house apart from the competition, where often one can end up feeling an intruder into someone's home.

Sandfield is exceptionally well looked after and the breakfast was faultless and served in a very comfortable environment.

My room was large and bright and contained everything I needed. Everything provided was to a very high standard.

I would absolutely recommend this guest house whether you are visiting Oxford for pleasure or business. It's a relaxing haven in a fascinating city.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sandfield, Owner at Sandfield Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Jacki H,

So happy that you enjoyed your stay & that the hints, tips & pointers were so valued. Thank you for your recommendation!

Looking forward to seeing you next time,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed at Sandfield Guest House recently for a three day visit to my older son. I found the room spacious, with lots of natural light, very clean, and nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable, the ensuite toilet was spotlessly clean, and both the bed linen and towels were of very good quality. Also, the location of the Guest House is very convenient since the bus stops to and from Gatwick airport and to Oxford center are very close to the house. Paul, the owner of the house, was very kind and very attentive. He seemed very organised and prepared delicious breakfasts. It is indeed a very pleasant place to stay and I look very forward to staying there again in the Spring, when my husband and I plan to visit our son.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pimpas56

Dear Pimpas56,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of Sandfield House. I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit & look forward to meeting your husband in the Spring!

All the best,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

My parents-in-law visited us for two weeks and slept at the Sandfield Guest House.
Their room was big, clean and my mother-in-law really liked the decoration.
Moreover, the breakfast must have been fantastic. When they came to us, they always told us about Paul´s culinary skills.

We will definitively recommend this guesthous to our friends.
And my parents-in-law don´t want to sleep somewhere else the next time when they are in Oxford.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MuellerClan
Sandfield, Owner at Sandfield Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear MuellerClan,

Thank you for your kind words & for taking the time to review Sandfield House. Pleased that your in-laws enjoyed the breakfasts as well as their room & I very much look forward to seeing them again next year!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We spent almost 2 weeks at Sandfield House, and found it to be a convenient and a very pleasant place to stay. Our host, Paul, was friendly, helpful and welcoming. He is knowledgeable about Oxford and always happy to recommend places to eat and attractions to see. The B&B made a very homelike base for us and we enjoyed the spacious room, ensuite bathroom and delicious breakfasts. As we enjoy walking, we left our car at Sandfield House and took a lovely walk through parks into the city ( ask Paul about the route). It is a bit of an uphill walk back, but we found it totally manageable and much easier than driving/parking in Oxford. Of course, bus routes also have stops very close to the B&B so that is another easy option if you would prefer to ride.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank genes98
Sandfield, Owner at Sandfield Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear genes98,

It was an absolute delight to have your family stay at Sandfield House & I thank you both for taking the time to write a review as well as all the tips for UK & Morocco travel!

I look forward to greeting you again next year, best wishes,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My father in law stayed here for three nights whilst my mother in law was in the John Radcliffe having an operation. The room was spotless. The service excellent. In what was a stressful and anxious time for him, Paul the manager made him feel welcome, helped him to find a quick route to the hospital and helped to find him somewhere else to stay when my mother in law had to stay longer than expected. Would definately use this B&B again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank giraffenumber1

Dear giraffenumber1,

So glad to hear that I might have eased an otherwise difficult time for your father-in-law & I hope your mother-in-law is enjoying a swift & successful recovery!

Thank you for reviewing Sandfield House,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed at the Sanfield Guest House for three days recently. The room was very clean, nicely decorated, had all the amenities: tea, snacks, milk, hairdryer, kettle, etc. Everything was nicely arranged with lots of room for luggage, places to hang clothes, comfortable bed and bedding, free wifi and tv, even a desk and table. The location is excellent. Buses into town stop half a block from the door and are frequent. Paul, the owner, is very personable, always available to help and very knowledgeable about the area. Very tasty breakfasts were served in a cheerful diningroom. If we return to Oxford we would be sure to stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be good as all the other guests seemed pleased with theirs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear DougJos,

Great to see you back at Sandfield House & I thank you for writing a review. I hoe your journey back to Australia was a smooth one and very much look forward to greeting you again on your return.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at Sandfield Guest House on our first visit to Oxford and we found the room very bright, clean and comfortable! Also it was very convenient has we had the bus stop that took us to the center of the town just in front of the house which is only a short ride.

Paul Anderson was very helpful and gave us all sort of recommendations, places to visit, restaurants, etc., he was ever so attentive to anything we needed and we are very grateful for that.

If we ever come back to Oxford we wouldn't hesitate to come back at Sandfield! It was perfect!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MARIBEL13

Dear MARIBEL 13,

Thank you for reviewing Sandfield House. I’m glad you had such a comfortable stay & that you’d return if in Oxford again.

All the best,