“Relaxed, comfortable and so pleasant!”

Sandfield Guest House
Ranked #5 of 85 Oxford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I've stayed at Sandfield Guest quite a few times now and Paul could not be more considerate and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for him! Breakfast is delicious and the bacon cooked exactly as I request - very tasty! I feel at home there and last summer, having some time to spare before meeting my relatives, I sat relaxing in the delightful garden - so peaceful!
It's ideally situated for the city and despite being on a busy road, is surprisingly quiet and restful.
Thank you, Paul!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Anne H
Sandfield, Owner at Sandfield Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear Anne H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about your stay at Sandfield. Hoping to see you once again soon and that the weather holds so you can enjoy the garden once again!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have stayed at the Sandfield Guest House 3 times in the last 6 months, sampling 4 of the rooms on offer. They are always immaculately kept and comfortable, and if they weren't Paul asks "are you sure you are perfectly comfortable" every time; if I wasn't, I know he'd make sure I was. Breakfast is just the way you like it and professionally done. The price and location is unbeatable in Oxford. Convenient for buses to London or the airport, and even the train station is easily accessible. The reason you'll go back, however, is Paul. He makes sure you are taken care of, and you can't ask for more from a B&B. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean F
Sandfield, Owner at Sandfield Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Sean F,

Thank you for reviewing Sandfield House. It’s always a pleasure having you here & I’m really glad that you find my service & the facilities professional & comfortable.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I went to stop at the Sandfield Guest house while my husband was having a double transplant. As you can imagine, this was a very difficult time for me, made much easier thanks to Paul and his guest house. The house was a really short walk from the hospital, and Paul gave me a map and directions to get there easily. The room was comfortable, and I got fantastic sleep every night. Breakfast was fantastic, and my dairy allergy was handled well. Paul was really helpful, from helping me find my way around to recomending places to visit and the best places to eat. Getting around was easy, its right next to a bus stop. I will be back with my husband just as soon as I can!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Sandfield, Owner at Sandfield Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Rebecca G,

I’m so glad that I helped in such a difficult time for you & that you were comfortable and slept well!

I wish your husband a speedy recovery & look forward to seeing you again under easier circumstances!

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have stayed in Sandfield House three times over the last 1.5 years for week-long working trips in a nearby Old Road Campus. This House is an excellent place to stay! Quiet, perfectly clean rooms have nice views, well-working heating system and a smooth wireless internet. Paul, the owner, is very helpful, efficient and flexible to meet guests needs. And the English breakfast is very good.
I strongly recommend the Sandfield House if you are looking for a place to stay in the Headington area. Furthermore, the city centre is less than 2 miles away and city buses stop literally next to the House. The distance to the London and Airport buses is about a quarter mile.
-Matti, Finland

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Matti P

Dear Matti P,

Thank you for your review of Sandfield House. I’m glad you have enjoyed your stays in a variety of my rooms & am particularly pleased that you found the house warm & the internet access swift.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Best regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Over the past year or so I've stayed at Sandfield Guest House on several occasions to visit my sister and it has been ideal for my needs & was excellent value. I travel in from London on the Oxford Tube bus and the guest house is 5 minutes walk from the bus stop in Headington. My Mum joined me on my last visit and we took the 2 single rooms which share a bathroom... all together on the 2nd floor. The light & airy rooms are quite modern and are opposite one other so we could keep our bedroom doors open & chat whilst getting ready but sleep really well in our own space!

I have also stayed in some of the other rooms including a single ensuite and a double ensuite which really I liked (I woke up to the sound of birds singing through my open window - a novelty for us Londoners!) I should mention that one bathroom was quite small for me as I am 5 ft 11. There is another single room I’d like to stay in: it has its own bathroom across the landing. I think this will suit me better as the bathroom is larger and there is a bath & shower which is a bonus.

Access to Oxford City is straight-forward on the buses or a pleasant walk down the hill. The cooked breakfast is always delicious and the owner, Paul, is always super-friendly and helpful without being over-bearing or interfering. I look forward to staying at Sandfield again: Paul offers a great service at a great price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah L

Dear Sarah L,

It’s always a delight to have you at the house & I’m grateful for the time taken to write a review.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon & I’ll do my best to see to it that you can have Room 4, with the bath!

All the best,

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This BnB is small, of familiar atmosphere and very well kept. I was here for a buisness trip for almost three weeks and had a wonderful time. It is really a place where you feel at home and you are happy to come back to after a long working day.
Paul, is a very mind- and helpful host, who is always comitted to make the best out of your stay. He was more than happy to help me with tips and recommendations (e.g. nice running routes, restaurants or trips). Furthermore, he keeps the place very clean.
When it comes to breakfast you have several choices, cereals, fruits, porridge or English breakfast (toast, eggs, sausages, tomato, beans, mushrooms and bacon). It is good quality food and Paul will always ask you what your specific wishes for the day are.
All in all, I can only recommend this place to you and thank Paul for his hospitality.

Room Tip: The rooms 1, 2 and 5 are on the side of the garden and probably the quieter ones.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Federico_Sam

Dear Frederico_Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sandfield House. It was a delight to have you here for such an extended time & your kind words are very much appreciated.

Thank you for your recommendation & all the best with your PhD!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Driving up the M40 from London, just turned off at Junction 8, and Sandfield was very easy to find along the London Road with easy parking in front. Large room, very comfortable mattress, good quality towels and hot water. What else do you need !!! Paul's not only a great host, but also an excellent chef as the breakfast was as good as any 5* hotel. The bus stops to and from the centre of Oxford are very close to Sandfield, so the Oxford walking 'experience' is easy. Would imagine that when the weather gets warmer, it will be a joy to sit out in the garden and relax. I use TripAdvisor wherever I go to check out hotels, guest houses, restaurants etc, and so far, the recommendations have always been spot on. I would therefore thoroughly recommend Sandfield as it's not only a great guest house but also reasonably priced.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pipster229,

Thank you for writing such a positive review of Sandfield House….. really pleased that you particularly enjoyed the breakfasts!

Your recommendation is very much appreciated.

Best regards,