“Authentic, delicious tapas”
Review of Al-Andalus Tapas

Al-Andalus Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Al-Andalus Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 672 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you enjoy tapa and want to eat traditional amazing food look no further than here. Visited her 6 times over last couple of years as a couple and with friends and have never been disappointed! It's always busy so if you want a quite romantic meal, may not be the place for you. If you want to experience a little bit of Spain at home than it's an essential. Can't wait to come back

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our party of 5 sat in the garden and it was a great place to get away from the hustle & bustle of busy Oxford. The menu identified gluten free dishes which was very important to one of our guests. Our first experience of tapas was interesting and the dishes came rattling along. All small, I guess they are supposed to be - the in house salad was very sparce I thought. We ordered 10 tapas dishes but probably should have had more.
I am sure more exposure to tapas would have helped us negotiate our way through the menu more adroitly. Staff friendly and helpful and we would certainly go back to try more of the menu and one of the paellas.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Visited here as I fancied some tapas other than the generic range provided by La Tasca. Located in a small back street off a main road in Oxford, the selection of tapas here is certainly wider and more authentic than the chain.

Service was fast; I was seated quickly despite the restaurant being near full. Waiter and waitress were both friendly and efficient enough. Sangria jugs are reasonably priced, however due to the shape it is incredibly difficult to pour into your glass without spilling - minus points for that.

My first two tapas dishes arrived at the same time; whilst the third took a while longer. Firstly, cheese and spinach balls. From the menu description, I was under the impression that they would be served as described: balls of cheese and spinach. Instead, what I received was two balls of cheese, and two balls of spinach, with a small salad on the side. They were satisfactory, despite the slight disappointment there, however, they remained the worst of the three dishes by comparison.

The last dish to arrive was the Spanish Omelette. Which, despite arriving later than the other two (which seems common in English Spanish restaurants), was of outstanding quality. Alioli sauce side was great and complimented the omelette really well.

However my surprise favourite was the "deep fried goat's cheese in honey" - which was exactly that. No salad, no sauce, no fancy business on the side: just two large circles of goat's cheese, deep fried, and topped with honey. It was delicious.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Recommended by a friend who lived in oxford. Delicious food in pleasant surroundings. Recommend the marinated pork skewers and garlic prawns. Would go back without hesitation.

1  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We have had two lunches here recently, both good. As a tapas bar, they offer a list of "small" portions of various tasty items, with a standard deal for two each at a set price. The servings are generous, and sauces are tangy enough to be interesting but not over-heavy on the chilli. You can choose meat, fish or vegetarian, and either hot or cold. In practice, while we loved the flavours, they could have cut down on quantities by 20% and I am not someone who minds being full. We had well-chilled Estrella beers, also delicious.
I had been put off intialy by some poor reviews, but we would all three be happy to go back.