Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel
  • Pool
US$139
US$133
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$99
PremierInn.com
Middle Aston House(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$119
Priceline
US$77
Travelodge
All reviewscity centrelip balmexecutive roombanbury roadthe ground floorquiet areathe hotel is cleanbed was comfortablehotel is situatedbuffet breakfastthe busfull englishstayed here for one nightbiscuitsironsummertownuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Enjoyed a 2 night stay here. Clean and comfortable room but very very warm. Breakfast was average and to me it seemed rather dear considering the price of the room.
The hotel is in a good location and an easy 20 min walk into the city with regular buses just around the corner.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and the onsite parking a huge bonus.

Room Tip: Our room at the front of the hotel was fine. No complaints
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for submitting your response on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel, Oxford.
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a better experience for you and other guests in the future and I have noted your comments regardiing the Breakfast.
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The Linton Lodge is a pleasant hotel is a good location (in a leafy residential area that is a walkable distance from Oxford's city center). The breakfast buffet was excellent. I was happy with every aspect of my stay, but what impressed me most was the alacrity and generosity with which the staff responded when I discovered after my return to the United States that I had left an item in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a wonderful time in Oxford .By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a better experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Great price in a great location, 30 minutes walk into Oxford along a really interesting street. Wonderfully helpful and polite staff. Food from the restaurant was very tasty and the staff allowed us to purchase it from the restaurant and then carry it back to our room to make it a little more affordable. There was enough space for our baby cot in the room. The windows open which allows the room to be cooled wonderfully (which is just as well, as the heating was a little hot!). The only downside was the bed was a little hard which made it a bit uncomfortable to sleep. But overall it was wonderful for the price (we got it on special on hotelclub).

Room Tip: Takes 30 minutes at a comfortable pace to walk into the centre of Oxford. Very nice & safe walk along interesting street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful. We wife and I had traveled all night coming from the states and were allowed to check in early. Not many hotels are that accommodating. Now the bad.....Decor is very Edwardian and the refurbished rooms leave a bit to be desired. Our room was unbearably hot with no controls to adjust the temperature. The beds were rock hard and the walls must be paper thin. My wife and I were woken up several times by people walking around in the room above. This hotel is some distance from the city center, taking a bus is an option but it is a bit far to walk, especially if you are in 60's with mobility issues. We had booked two nights but canceled the second night. I expressed these concerns to the night staff who didn't seem concerned.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack G

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am dissapointed that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us in Oxford. I have noted your comments regarding the decor and beds, however you were in one of our older style rooms. We are currently undergoing a major refurbishment which will go some way to addressing these issues.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I enjoyed staying in this hotel. It was only a one night stay as I was in Oxford for a funeral. The room was spacious, the wi fi was free and the bed was comfortable.
I paid for breakfast which was average but unimaginative. Cereals, toast, croissants, yoghurts, hot buffet - all predictable and OK but the Best Western would learn so much from the Crown Hotel Harrogate, which charged less in top season and had fresh breads, pastries, real choice of delicious jams, curds and a fine choice of dried fruits, fresh fruits, fish, cold meats, cheeses etc.
The hotel needed a bit of a makeover, but what they excelled in was their staff who were genuinely helpful, warm and courteous.

I have been to better hotels but far worse than the Best Western.

Room Tip: The executive suites are spacious
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for submitting your response on Trip Adviisor regarding your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel, Oxford.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed on your comments to the team here at the hotel. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a better experience for you and other guests in the future and I have noted your comments regarding the Breakfast and how we can improve. We are currently undergoing a major refurbishemnt which should address many of the other issues that you raise. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.