“Would stay again”

Best Western Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My husband booked this room on late rooms it cost £95 for room only for 1 night. The staff were really friendly and we ate in the restaurant and the meal was nice... The bed though was awful and sunk in the middle. Not a great nights sleep and thin walls meant we could clearly hear the other guests. The hotel is currently being renovated and the reception area looks fab.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for submitting your response on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel, Oxford. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a better experience for you and other guests in the future.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a wonderful time in Oxford.
I will look into the Matress that you highlight and I apologise for this
Our brand new bright, airy and contemporary Restaurant, Lounge Bar and Reception have now been supplemented by our brand new Executive Bedrooms, many overlooking the Gardens, all adding to create a new vibrant look for the hotel. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon where you can see for yourself the changes that we have made.
BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

If you are spending this sort of money, I would go to the Holiday Inn for a more value for money experience. The staff are friendly and everything was clean and tidy but a bit so-so. We've tried 3 hotels in Oxford now and probably wouldn't return here based purely on the price. You can walk into the centre, which is a bonus, it takes about 20 minutes. So there is nothing really wrong with the hotel, if the location suits you, you will have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Our brand new bright, airy and contemporary Restaurant, Lounge Bar and Reception have now been supplemented by our brand new Executive Bedrooms, many overlooking the Gardens, all adding to create a new vibrant look for the hotel. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon where you can see for yourself the changes that we have made and what value it is.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

After having piping hot chocolate accidently spilt on me, my friends and the table we were sat by a member of staff, I found it incredible that when I asked the next day for the hotel to pay for my dry cleaning and replacement paper note book (mine was ruined) they told me that they can not accept liability. I didn't make a fuss but I find this reply incredible. We are not in the US and do not sue people at the drop of a hat.....but I would have thought that to cover the cost of cleaning and some replacement items would have been an easy decision to make.

Quite frankly I don't think I will ever use this hotel again for a meeting or stay over...........I wish you luck if you do decide to give it a go and hope it goes well for you....but my recommendation is chose somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Alan

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to the hotel for an informal meeting in the Lounge area.
I know that by the time this was posted we had discusssed this issue and had already resolved the sitaution to your satisfaction.
We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon
Kind regards

Keith Walford

Travellers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Although this hotel is undergoing refurbishment, we were assured a refurbished room when we checked in, only to be allocated a non-refurbished room, which for £120 per night, I do not think was too much to expect. When I queried with reception they said the room had been refurbished but not recently!! Apart from that the reception staff were friendly, but we would not stay here again. For the price, there are better hotels in Oxford.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
As I am sure you will have seen, accommodation rates in Oxford are particularly high, and our rates are competetative with these, even allowing for the final stages of our refurbishment programme, which has been ongoing over the past 12 months.
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We've stayed here before and this time found the hotel under very substantial renovation. Inevitably public corridors were affected but internally reception and the restaurant were complete and the staff could not have been more helpful. This hotel solves the severe problem of parking when visiting Oxford: the hotel's spaces were full (partly because of building works) but we were given a permit to park outside on the road. The centre of the city is within fifteen minutes' walk, or you can take a bus at the end of the road. The room was attractive and spacious and we enjoyed our evening meal and breakfast. It's good to have differential prices for full and continental breakfast, which other hotels might like to copy. A small niggle of my own - I'd much prefer tea to be served from the kitchen and in a pot rather than making your own with a bag in a mug. We did have some noise disturbance in the early evening but it was not the hotel's fault - it was entirely due to what appeared to be a hen party on our corridor who had propped their doors open and were carrying on loud discussions with many comings and goings in the corridor. Is there a website where hotel managers can publicly review their guests . . .?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I love your idea of a General Manager 'Guestadvisor' site - Im sure everyone would then have a better perspective!
Our brand new bright, airy and contemporary Restaurant, Lounge Bar and Reception have now been supplemented by our brand new Executive Bedrooms, many overlooking the Gardens, all adding to create a new vibrant look for the hotel. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon where you can see for yourself the finished resuly.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Nice reception - new, modern and very bright, gives a fresh air to the entire hotel
Friendly and helpful staff
Breakfast - great, plenty of choices
The location is very good, and quiet
Free WIFI and car park - was a bonus

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I booked this for a stopover on the way to the Harry Potter studio tour .I read the reviews afterwards and was slightly worried at what I would find and was extremely pleased with what I found.
Though there are some works going on , the hotel was up and running and we could not have asked for more friendly staff. We booked a family room that was immaculate and well stocked and an absolute bargain at £95 , the hotel was quiet and the staff friendly and helpful many going above and beyond to be helpful.
The hotel though on the major bus route is in a quiet extremely affluent quiet area so be aware that if you have small children the nearest shops and eateries are 10 minutes away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Caroline W
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Hi Caroline
I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a wonderful time in Oxford. As you rightly say our refurbishment is nearing completion and our brand new bright, airy and contemporary Restaurant, Lounge Bar and Reception have now been supplemented by our brand new Executive Bedrooms, many overlooking the Gardens, all adding to create a new vibrant look for the hotel. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon where you can see for yourself the changes that we have made.