Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel
US$259
US$251
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$99
PremierInn.com
US$78
Travelodge
Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$69
Travelodge
All reviewscity centrelip balmexecutive roombanbury roadthe ground floorquiet areathe hotel is cleanbed was comfortablehotel is situatedbuffet breakfastthe busfull englishstayed here for one nightbiscuitsironsummertownuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Never stayed here before but the hotel renovation seems to have worked well - all areas looked clean and fresh, bedrooms and bathrooms perfect. The bar is a little small but I wouldn't expect to want to drink in a hotel bar when Oxford centre is only 10 minutes walk away. Very good value breakfast. All staff helpful and welcoming

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a better experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times before as it's close to town centre at a reasonable price. Basic but clean rooms, a beautiful garden and a large bar area with beer on tap made this hotel feel more comfortable and often encouraged us to start our evening here. When we returned May this year we were disappointed. They have clearly spent a lot and renovating the place but have spoilt it. Trying to make something modern on a budget has left the lobby and new tiny bar area look tacky! The new bar area is approx a meter wide now and clinical with no selection of beers and no staff at lunch time. A beautiful day so we asked to have a snack in the grader which was not easily accessible any more and had hardly any furniture in to sit on. Such a shame as we will not return to somewhere we really enjoyed before

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie G
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for submitting your review following your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel, Oxford. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.
I am sorry that you feel that the hotels character has been changed, however it was in need of bringing up to date and our major refurbishment is almost complete and our brand new bright, airy and contemporary Restaurant, Lounge Bar and Reception have now been supplemented by 15 brand new Bedrooms, many overlooking the Gardens which has a fully furnished sunken seating area, all adding to create a new vibrant look for the hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I checked into this hotel for 1 night whilst on business. The hotel is currently being refurbished, some of the carpets had seen better days. I ventured into the restaurant for a meal only to have service which was somewhat reminiscent of Fawlty Towers. Half way through taking my order the person went away to seat other people, this I found extremely rude and then my order was not correct. When it arrived there 2nd person who delivered the meal could not speak English and I had to speak French to explain what was wrong. For a hotel charging this amount I expect a lot lot better. If I have a choice next time the Linton will not be high on my wish list.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.
I apologise for the poor service in the Restaurant, for which I can offer no excuses, and this is something that we will use to emphasise the high importance of customer service
I do hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

This is a no-service no-frills motor lodge. The best I can say is that the bathroom was spotless. For the price, you can do better. Take advantage of the excellent bus service to downtown and widen your search.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mikeinmotio
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

After the first night of a week stay experiencing that the rooms had very thin walls/ceilings, I informed the reception desk that I couldn't sleep because the room above was so noisy (not their fault, just walking and very creaky floorboards). They seemed polite enough but explained they had no spare rooms and the room above was also staying the week and to see how it was the following night but that they had a spare room free after. After no change I checked back the following morning and got the same response, so someone must have been lying to me because again, no alternative rooms but apparently one tomorrow. The following day the same to which I asked if I could cancel my stay and move to another hotel (only for the last night) but promised to move me. However, to move me required me checking out my bag and moving in the middle of the day, when I would be at work. So there was no flexibility to do this in the morning or the evening. Mostly I was upset at the inconsistency of they staff help and lack of inflexibility to fix it. I think some of the staff seemed very polite but I felt lied to on occasions. It was very expensive for what it was and I wouldn't recommend staying there again

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tripsads
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.