All reviews lip balm city centre executive room banbury road the ground floor good size quiet area bed was comfortable the hotel is clean hotel is situated ironing board bus service the bus breakfast was included full english very pleasant stay biscuits
Reviewed 20 June 2018

My daughter and I stayed at Best Western Linton Lodge from June 12 - 14. I chose this hotel for its location because I wanted to be able sleep at night. This hotel fit the bill as it is located on a quiet street located just a bit over a mile from the City Center; an easy walk along Banbury Rd where you will see many lovely homes (many are actually attached to the many colleges in the area). The rooms are comfortable with good size bathrooms. We stayed in Room 212 which is directly over the entrance, facing Linton Rd. The most important thing to keep in mind about this hotel - there is no A/C. If you definitely must have A/C 24/7; this is not the place to stay. There was a small fan in the room and with the windows open at night, it was comfortable. Breakfast buffet was included with our stay and it was more than adequate. If you're looking for local pubs the hotel is located near a couple of nice ones about half-mile along Banbury. We had a nice meal at the Rose and Crown our first night. There are more restaurants/pubs located in city. Overall, we were quite pleased with the location of the hotel and the amenities provided. The staff were attentive and pleasant. If you're "OK" with minimalism in your hotel room - then Best Western Linton Lodge is a perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor are quieter and those at the back will have a lovely view of the garden.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Veronica H
Keith W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Many thanks Veronica for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be quiet and charming. We are situated in a very quiet residential area and I do hope that you made use of our glorious hidden garden which is very rare in Oxford Hotels.

Whilst we do not advertise as having Air Conditioning, for the limited time that this would be useful, we do have fans in all of our rooms, along with windows that open, which give a much more natural healthy quality to the air in the rooms.

As a 3* star hotel we do offer all of the full service options of higher category hotels in the area but at a much more competitive price

We all hope you will visit us again

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this lovely hotel. My wife and I stayed in a double room and our two daughters in a twin room. Both rooms were very modern, attractive and well furnished. The ironing board and electric fan were much appreciated. The staff on the reception were very friendly and helpful and the choice of food for breakfast was good.
The hotel is conveniently located in a lovely residential area which good car parking. 10 minute walk away from Summertown and 15 minute walk to Jericho and the city centre although you can get the regular bus services if you prefer.
We were very impressed and will use the hotel again on our next visit to Oxford.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Keith W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were impressed with the hotel.

As you point out we are situated in a delightful quiet area away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre with free car parking which is very rare in Oxford.

We all hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

While this hotel is situated outside the city, you can easily reach via a 15 to 20 minutes walk. I love the location. Along the way, there are some good restaurants- cheaper as compared to those in the city.

The rooms were clean with a modern touch. While it does not have Air Cond, it does not bother us. Just open the window. It is a quiet neighbourhood.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Keith W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the new bedrooms and our location.

As you highlight as we are in such a very quiet location we can offer natural fresh air as opposed to the unhealthy reconditioned type.

We hope that you visit us again soon

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We chose this hotel because of it's location outside the centre of Oxford. Our room was at the back facing the garden which was nice because it was quiet there.
However there was no AC present which made the room warm and stuffy even though the temperature outside was a nice 21o C. Opening the windows didn't help much because of the heavy drapes. The bedcovers and pillows seemed synthetic which made things worse. There as a fan in the room but when turned on it blew so hard that it was too cold to endure.
A small fridge wasn't available so bottled water we had brought became warm.
The room itself was very small and the bathroom was even so small two people couldn't be in it at the same time. The WC was placed facing the shower wall so a tall person would have a really hard time sitting down.
Staff overall was friendly except for a very snappy (intern?) girl at the front desk who bluntly refused to give me a bathrobe when I requested one stating those were only available for guests staying in the Executive rooms.
Only after I showed her the hotel's brochure in which it said clearly that robes were available upon request at the front desk and after intervention of her superior who immediately appologized for the girls mistake I received a robe. I understand that people have to learn and need training on the job, but it was the way that she bluntly said ''no'' in that very snappy way that made me think that maybe this isn't the right line of work for her.
It would have been much better if she had said she wasn't sure and would inquire, but instead she talked down to me in a haughtily way assuming I wasn't an ''Executive'' guest as she didn't know what room I was staying in until she asked me my room number áfter she had already refused me the robe.
The other members of the front desk have been helpfull, both experienced as training staff.
We had dinner in the hotel the first night which was awfull. My fish was crunchy, not because of a crust but because of the salt that was ''sprinkled'' over it.
The only thing good about this hotel is the nice quiet neighbourhood it's in and the fact that it has free parking for guests and easy bus connections to the city centre.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the garden
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us and found the hotel to be in a quiet neighbourhood and were able to make use of the free car parking, which is very rare in Oxford.

Whilst we do not advertise as having air conditioning, or fridges, in the bedrooms for the short time that this would be useful, we do as you point out have variable speed fans in all of rooms, as well as windows that open. All of our linen is however Egyptian cotton.

I apologise for the dinner that you mention, but I do hope that you brought this to our attention at the time and we would have happily exchanged this for you. I will of course speak with the front team regarding the issues that you highlight on service, but would add that this was the trainees first week at work and as with us all we do learn from mistakes we make during this training process. We did as you point out apologise for this at the time.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Oxford for three days and two nights. Hotel was super easy to get to from the bus. Just a couple blocks from the stop.

Check-in was super fast and everyone so pleasant. Room was always clean. Fans worked well to help cool down. We did have the window open while we were in the room.

Looked like our room was recently remodeled and was very pleasant. Nights were nice and it was extremely quiet. I thought we were the only ones here as I usually here background noise at a hotel, but none here.

Breakfast was great....and we were t the only ones here as there were plenty having their meal. Everything was at effect temperature and the staff kept things full.

All in all, I would definitely come back here if we ever come back to Oxford.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Keith W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room to be clean, cool and quiet.

I'm also glad that you found the breakfast to be great and that the hotel was very easy to find.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Oxford.