Macdonald Randolph Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$139
US$133
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$95
  • Pool
US$259
US$251
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$99
PremierInn.com
US$78
Travelodge
Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$69
Travelodge
3,421 results
All reviewsmorse barashmolean museummolton brown toiletriesconcierge teamafternoon teadrawing roominspector morseturn down servicenespresso machineexecutive roombeautiful buildingspecial occasionbreakfast servicerestaurant staffcentral locationcar parkingcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I came here with with my daughter for uni interviews along with a number of other parent child couples. The hotel was very busy. The hotel was lovely and we enjoyed our stay, there were however some bumps. The hotel messed up our booking and we were put in a double room instead of a twin. We were moved to a jr suite that wasn't currently being used. The main bedroom and bathroom were great however, the pull out bed in the second room wasn't very comfortable.

The lift was broken and it was a schlep to get to the first room, better once we were moved but we were very happy when the lifts were working again in the morning.

Breakfast was very nice and the room is beautiful. The location is perfect and parking is very convenient.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie H
Manager_Randolph, General Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was sorry that your room had not been made up into a twin room. I am sorry that this meant a rollaway bed which was not really suitable in the suite which was offered as an alternative. Please be assured that errors like this are very rare.

The hotel has two lifts which serve the 4 main floors in the hotel. We did experience a malfunction with the very hot temperatures we have been experiencing at the moment. I am pleased to report that the situation has been rectified.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a mid-range 4 star at best. We had a room in the new wing: poky, low ceilinged, pvc windows, with a 'view' over a bare courtyard. We asked to move and got a better room , in the old part of the hotel. Internet signal was intermittent everywhere. Our early morning call on our second day didn't happen. We had to wait ages to get anything to eat or drink at breakfast and when the food came, we had to send some of it back because it was uncooked. The restaurant staff could not cope with the volume of guests. This is a very expensive hotel and we expected exceptional standards: we didn't get them. The only thing 5 start about it is the location. We were not the only ones complaining on checkout.

Room Tip: Avoid the new wing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Primrose73

Thank you for posting a review. I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay with us. From your description your initial room was an executive grade bedroom in our Worcester Wing of the hotel. These rooms are spacious in a contemporary style and boast baths with separate showers. I do appreciate these rooms do not have front facing views but are very popular, quiet and offered with every confidence guests will be comfortable.

I am sorry a wake up call was missed and that you had a lengthy delay at breakfast, please be assured that I will have the necessary remedial training carried out and thank you bringing this to my attention.

I do hope that we be of service to you again in the future where you can be assured of a very warm welcome.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

When staying in Oxford, where else would you want to stay? Blow the expense, this is where Morse drank in the bar, and it's right opposite The Ashmolean. My room looked out at it, and a comfortable room it was. Breakfast was good, though the neighbouring table had to wait a long time for theirs. I ate in the restaurant one evening, and had a lovely kohl rabhi remoulade as starter. I think guineafowl for main - all excellent. Could have done with more people in the restaurant. I'm saving up for the next visit.

Room Tip: The hotel will park your car, for a fee
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank dvdgurr04

Thank you for your kind review following your stay at the hotel. We are indeed located in the heart of the city and I was delighted you enjoyed the food in our restaurant. We have a very good Chef Simon Bradley who has really improved our cuisine here at the hotel. We are currently striving for our 3rd AA rosette.

Accommodation in the city of Oxford is at a premium and it is always good to book as far in advance as possible and check our website for any special promotions both hotel based and throughout Macdonald Hotels.

I do hope we can be of service to you again in the future when your travel plans bring you back to the city of Oxford.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had an enjoyable stay. We were part of a group and some experienced no water on our final day. They missed a few wake up calls, but all in all it was lovely. Their concierges were very helpful. Most things were with in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was please that you enjoyed your stay but sorry to learn that there was no hot water on the final morning and a wake up call was missed. Please be assured that I will be discussing your comments at our weekly team meeting. This is not the normal feedback we receive.

I know the team will be delighted by your comments and do hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Clean, well equipped room. Lovely venue, centre of city. Only downside is expensive valet parking, plenty of car parks nearby. Staff were fantastic, professional and really friendly. Breakfast was excellent

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
2  Thank Andrea H

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The team will be delighted by your comments. Parking in the city centre is limited and we offer valet overnight parking at £28.50 per night. The council car park adjacent to the hotel charges £30.00 for 24 hours and the city is served by a user friendly park and ride system to allow guests and visitors to avoid the heavily congested city centre.

I do hope we can be of service to you again.