Macdonald Randolph Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Royal Oxford Hotel(Oxford)
3,422 results
All reviewsmorse barashmolean museummolton brown toiletriesconcierge teamafternoon teadrawing roominspector morseturn down servicenespresso machineexecutive roombeautiful buildingspecial occasionbreakfast servicerestaurant staffcentral locationcar parkingcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Set in the wonderful drawing room, traditionally and tastefully decorated. Service was second to none. The afternoon tea was a delight. Every item on the cake stand was tasty, and so wonderfully and prettily presented. A wonderful end to our anniversary break. For a special treat I would definitely recommend. I am aspiring to staying the night next time!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elly h
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed this weekend just gone with a few friends. Overall a great stay. Great central location. Helpful staff who seem mainly to be of eastern European origin. Michael the German Bar Man makes a mean Long Island Ice Tea! The Spa is small but worth a look at £15. Didn't have a massage myself. Only slight downer was having a sneaky snooze in the afternoon and there was a knock at the door. I shouted 'just a minute' and went to grab a towel to hide my modesty before answering the door. The next thing a staff member bursts in. I hadn't had a chance to grab the towel and was as naked as the day I was born. To be honest I think she was more embarrassed than me but I hope she has learned a salutary lesson. They loose a star for that unwelcome intrusion otherwise very good. P.S. Don t miss the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank vivriano
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Only went to the hotel on a kind of Morse tour and sampled the Morse bar. Friendly staff, lovely quiet seating. Fairly expensive wine but then the addition of free nibbles meant we basically had drinks and a lite lunch. Plenty of memorabilia and all in all a very nice and civilised way to rest up for an hour or so from walking around this beautiful city. Look forward to our next trip so keep the Pinot chilled!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark a
Manager_Randolph, General Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time in our Morse Bar. We do serve nibbles with our drinks and I was pleased the team were friendly and welcoming.

I do hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you are in the mood for some old world charm, this is your place. The building is very old but is very well kept. Our room was very clean, staff and manager were eager to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We walked a little way through corridors and around corners to get to your room but it was totally worth it. You get a card to insert in a reader that turns on and off air conditioner and lights. We got excellent service with laundry, for a price of course. Breakfast came with your room. There is a delightful buffet with yogurt, fruit, juices, granola, cereals, croissants and various breads and jams of course. Just let the wait staff know if you want eggs and bangers. We are very well pleased and will return. The mattress and pillows were excellent. The Ashmolean Museum is right across the street!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I was pleased your enjoyed your stay. I believe your bedroom as in our Worcester Wing which houses around 40 of executive grade rooms. There are some distance from the reception but spacious and offer larger bathrooms.

The hotel is indeed a traditional property with gothic architecture and right in the heart of the historic city of Oxford.

Thank you for your comments regarding the staff and indeed our breakfast at the hotel.

I do hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Randolph was great.
30 years after I left Oxford,I harbored a dream of returning and staying at the Randolph.
It was great.Possibly a bit dated, but then that is what Oxford should be about.
Food, service and location are unbeatable

Room Tip: I had noi experience of rooms other than the one I was in
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tamatie

Thank you for kind review and I was glad we were able to live up to your ideal 30 years later.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.