“Delightful stay”

Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
London, United Kingdom
“Delightful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Just what my wife and I needed. I stayed for a few nights and was extremely impressed with every little detail. Specifically the Wi-Fi, the high ceiling and the service. I would highly recommend to anyone passing through Oxford.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Flying from Taiwan to the UK and staying in this hotel for our first days of the holiday. My husband and me and my 4-year-old son was staying in a one-double and one-single bed room, which was bigger and more spacious than we expected. We liked the high ceiling, the individual heaters, and the very bright bathroom.

Besides tea bags and instant coffee bags, they warmly provided a big bowl of fruit, more than enough tea biscuit and 3 glass bottles of mineral water everyday. A miner thing that made my husband nag a little bit is that sometimes the cleaning lady didn't choose good quality of apples for us, fortunately the oranges were good.

We could have rented a one-double bedroom and had my son squeeze with us in one bed and got a cheaper room rate, which could lessen the negative part of a little too pricey rate we took, 150 pounds per night, but we found a very pleasant stay in the end and didn't regret at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank graceshih999
Katoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay as we did not expect such a well appointed room for the price we paid. Also really appreciated the complimentary water, fruit and newspaper. Will stay again if we again visit Oxford.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sevenducks
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Very central, convenient location. Nice, basic, clean room with very comfortable bed. Well supplied with toiletries, tea, coffee, water, biscuits etc. Slightly bizarre voucher arrangement when having breakfast. Breakfast was pleasant (though this is the first time I've ever been offered garlic potatoes as part of an English breakfast)! Friendly, amiable service. Would be happy to visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Tunbridge Wells
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

The hotel staff allocated me a room in a location I had requested.
The room was everything I wanted and I enjoyed my overnight stay.
The exterior of the hotel,looking at it from the railway station,could do with some tlc but the interior was fine.Will re visit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I recently stayed here for 4 nights. The location of the hotel is great to the bus station and easily walkable with luggage. The staff are very nice and responsive. There are several coffee shops near the bus station that are fine for breakfast if you eat light. The bathroom could have a few more clothes hooks and the shower knobs were different than others I have seen but no problem. Since Oxford is an easily walkable city, it is fine that this hotel is not "in the center" of things.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room on a low floor which I received but the window faced an air vent. Since I w...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelyn103
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Don't get your expectations up, while the hotel is close to the rail station and Gloucester Green the bus terminal, the rooms are quite basic. We arrived by car and there is no place to pull over and stop off luggage. The hotel is boarded on three sides by very busy streets - bus routes so stopping can be quite the experience. Our room was on the third floor, no elevator - staff kindly place our luggage in our room as we dealt with the car. The room faced a light well with lots of air handling equipment...no quite what I was expecting for the price. Their double is a double bed, with not much walk room all around. The shower is a challenge - there are two signs providing instruction so read each carefully. There is only so much the staff can make up for.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room and have a demonstration of the shower function.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family