“Just what I needed and at a decent price”
Review of Royal Oxford Hotel

Royal Oxford Hotel
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here for 1 night. Check-in was quick and efficient, reception staff were all helpful and friendly. As a single traveler the double room I stayed in was spacious enough, it would have been a bit cramped for 2 people on a longer stay. There was only 1 easy chair. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable and warm, though quite high off the ground and the corners are sharp - ow! The supplies (coffee, tea, biscuits, fruit etc.) were plentiful. The shower was hot enough (and I like a hot shower). On the down side the hotel is by a major junction, so there was quite a lot of traffic noise, even with the double glazing. Worth what I paid for it.

Room Tip: Mind the corners of the bed.
1  Thank Christina E
Manageress31, General Manager at Royal Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Madam
Thank you for finding the time to comment on your stay and I am very pleased that you have enjoyed it. In replay to your feedback I would like to offer the following explanation: the purpose of the beds being higher than average is to allow storing of luggage, bags etc. and I will investigate what can be done to improve the beds edges. Being a city centre hotel, unfortunately the traffic noise is unavoidable, however we have a few rooms facing the back of the hotel away from the road, so next time you come to stay with us request one of them but they are subject to availability.
Looking forward to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Staff very helpful and friendly (five stars). The bed and pillows were very confortable. Everything was very clean. The hotel is near the Central bus station of Oxford and 5 minutes walk from the city central point. If I return to Oxford, I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Madam
I would like to thank you for finding the time to write about your stay and I am pleased that you have enjoyed it. We provide the best customer service possible and you have rated our service at 5 Stars which is exactly what we aim for.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stay at this hotel often as it's a good value for the money. It's in a great location (right next to the train and coach stations, and a quick walk to the city centre) and the rooms are very comfortable. Their bed are VERY comfortable and I sleep well in this hotel. It is very charming, highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Manageress31, General Manager at Royal Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Customer
Thank you very much for your great review and we are very pleased that you continue on choosing to stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and well equiped, bed was wonderful. If I may suggest one thing that would be a more inexpensive option for breakfast in the line of tea and toast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Manageress31, General Manager at Royal Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Sir
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Oxford is not a cheap place to stay, so by Oxford standards I thought the hotel was good value for money. The location is ideal, just a couple of hundred yards from the station and a short walk from the city centre. The staff were extremely welcoming and friendly, and I really can't fault the service. The room was very smart and clean, and I found the bed comfortable and warm. There were some very nice additional touches, including complementary fruit and bottled water in the room - a small thing but rarely offered and very welcome at the end of a journey. My room overlooked the busy junction at the front of the hotel, but traffic noise was not really a problem. It might be if you are a very light sleeper, but I'm normally quite sensitive to noise myself. I would certainly stay here when visiting Oxford again. I did not have the breakfast, but ate out at the fabulous Organic Deli Cafe, a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheffieldgirl_13
Manageress31, General Manager at Royal Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Madam
Thank you very much for finding the time to write the review and I am pleased that you have enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. We are looking forward to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Excellent hotel! Friendly reception staff, comfortable and clean room, wonderful free wifi. Good location, near to the rail and bus station. Have free snacks in the room. I would stay again if I come back again.
a bit too hot in the room

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jiawen Z
Manageress31, General Manager at Royal Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you very much for your review and I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a very near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The room and service were much better than we have received in far more expensive hotels. Lots to see and do within walking distance, plus loads of great restaurants. A great central place to stay in Oxford- we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you very much for your review and I am please that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back.