“At last!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We live here in oxford & there are restaurants in abundance but St. Giles wins hands down! We will definitely return! It was the perfect evening from beginning to end. In fact we have booked in for their Argentinian evening! We were greeted with a very warm & friendly smile that reached her eyes by Amanda who looked after us beautifully. Nothing was too much trouble. A very laid back atmosphere, brilliant service, & truly excellent food! Beautifully presented,& above all very tasty! I can't sing it's praises enough! Apart from my house at Folly Bridge it's the best food!! A MUST for both locals & visitors! My congratulations to all! Long may St. Gilles Cafe continue!

3  Thank Jeannie T

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Popped in for the first time today for a chilled out lunch with friends who swear by the sandwiches, and I wasn't let down. Had a lovely ham and cheese number (they were perfectly happy for me to mix and match fillings), and topped it off with a very nice espresso. Straightforward, tasty food and a very friendly, welcoming service. I'll definitely be back, the breakfast looks too tempting to miss out on.

1  Thank David_B186361
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went there for breakfast. We both order full English, coffee and orange juice.
Quality of food was fantastic. Homemade sausages were heavenly if I could I would buy some from them to take home (I regret now not asking if I can :) but probably will on our next visit). The food and atmosphere were just fantastic. Very friendly staff and attentive. Perfect start to a day. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Malgorzata S
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped by for mid morning breakfast with my mother after a walk in University Parks. We ordered a single homemade sausage and fresh bread (not on the menu but mum doesn't eat much and no fuss was made) and the egg, bubble and squeak. Delicious. Great coffee and met Baz the owner for the first time too. Do stop by and keep places like this with their magic formula on the map!

4  Thank marcymarc15
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We just enjoyed a really good Argentine-themed dinner. Every dish was gorgeous. As usual the ambience was just right and service friendly and attentive without being pushy. We'll be back.

2  Thank Andy B