“My friends and I favourite Chinese restaurant in Oxford ”

Noodle Nation Oxford
Ranked #94 of 691 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We always loved this place . My friends and I always enjoyed our meals here . Not just the food but also the service ; staff are always attentive , friendly , helpful and nice .(they always makes you feel welcome ) food are quick , healthy , good price and very delicious . I don't really like Chinese food but this place is exceptional !!! I can eat here everyday :) well done nation noodle team specially to the chef (s) and to all the staffs . Thank you so much :) keep up the good work :))

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went for a late afternoon takeaway to satisfy my hunger and the service was just dire. I am the only person queuing. I order sweet and sour chicken with steamed rice. She asks 'Steamed or fried rice?'. I say 'steamed'. A minute later she hands the order to someone to walk the three metres to the cooks and tells them 'Fried rice'. I say 'Steamed rice'. She asks 'Did you want steamed rice?'.

Then I finally get the 'food' and oh what a treat for the tastebuds that wasn't. Just dire drudgy breaded chicken, three bits of vegetable (1 onion, 1 green pepper and 1 pineapple) plus rice (steamed). Plus about half a pint of sauce in a separate container. Seriously it was like being handed a soup.

I could just as easily have thrown the money away and just eaten grass from the local park for the pleasure that experience brought to me.

Helpful hint - In Oxford there are hundreds of eating places... choose one of them instead!

1  Thank dysonsphere
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Located conveniently, this place never disappoints when you're craving hot, Asian style food and are in a rush. The staff is great and hilarious, up for a chat. Super quick service. Don't come here for the ambiance though. The food is great value for the price, huge portions and great dishes. Has quite some choice for such a place too, and the appetizers and side dishes are great too. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here for a year now and absolutely love it. Anytime I'm in oxford and need a quick and tasty lunch this is the place to go! The food is served quickly, the staff are friendly and most of all the food is delicious, always cooked to perfection. (I love the duck) best of all you always get a massive portion for not much money at all... Highly recommend :)

1  Thank Lkersh
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Basic sit down fast food type place with very quick service. Food was alright and good value. Don't expect anything more and you'll be satisfied.