“City tour plus comedy thrown in.”

Footprints Tours Oxford
Book In Advance
More Info
US$19.76*
and up
Oxford University Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 46 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Owner description: Footprints Tours run the famous 2 hour free walking tour around Oxford, a hugely popular bike tour around Oxford and an entertaining pub tour of Oxford. We provide interesting and enjoyable tours with our University educated guides. We are a small student start-up with a lot of character. We also provide private tours for departments within Oxford University, London School of Economics, numerous language schools from around the world and even groups of regular people!
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“City tour plus comedy thrown in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Luke was a very enthusiastic and informative guide, he made the 2 hour tour very interesting and put his own very humorous twist to what can be (to some) a tedious ordeal, I think everyone enjoyed themselves especially his view on the Oxford v Cambridge debate!! Considering there were people from more than 9 countries on the tour he asked everyone to introduce themselves and he remembered them all throughout the tour. At the end of the tour nobody took their shoe off to throw at him!!! Thoroughly recommend.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Brilliant tour of Oxford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been travelling a while and I go on a lot of free walking tours - they're fun, cheap, and the guides are usually good, otherwise they'd never make any money! The tour I took on the 4th of May with Tom was the best tour I've been on yet. We learned heaps about Oxford, and it was clear that everyone was enjoying themselves. Tom made an effort to keep everyone cheery and his theatrical flair made the tour very funny. I mentioned that I was interested in Tolkien and CS Lewis, so he mentioned them a few times in the tour, which was really nice. I would recommend this tour to anyone going to Oxford.

1 Thank Sofia K
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Informative, entertaining, relaxed & a thoroughly enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

More than happy to tip. Tom was funny & worked hard to engage the whole group. I certainly know a lot more about this beautiful city. Definitely the most engaging tour of a I've been on in the UK.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We decided to go on the Footprints Tour when we were in Oxford last Saturday. We really enjoyed the tour around the various colleges. Our guide, Fred was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic with a great sense of humour, and made the tour very interesting. Would highly recommend the Footprints Tour !!

London, United Kingdom
“Walking Tour 8 May”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Luke knowledge about the history of Oxford University was fantastic and he spoke so clearly it was easy to listen to him especially as he had such humour especially about the rivalry between Oxford and Cambridge. We saw a great deal and he never lingered tool long at any building. At first I was disappointed that we weren't going into the colleges but by the end of our 2 hrs I realised that there was no way this could be included in the 2hr. walk. Highly recommend the tour. You learn a lot and it is fun. Susan A