“When in Oxford we recommend the Dial House”
Review of Dial House

and 1 more site!
Dial House
Ranked #35 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We just completed a 10 day stay in Oxford at The Dial House. From the first email sent to the goodbye yesterday, we were very satisfied with the staff, accommodations and location. We had great breakfasts every morning. The rooms were very clean and nicely furnished. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We had a family emergency that required us to stay two extra days. The staff found a room for us and took care of getting us in the room first thing in the morning. Thanks Dial House team form making our stay in Oxford a great one!

Room Tip: Conveniently located in the Headington Shops area of Oxford, UK
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark R

Reviewed 26 May 2013

We booked this guesthouse last minute for the bank hols weekend as we really struggled to find anywhere with availability. We were greeted in a very strange manner, rude and short is how I would describe it. We then walked up the stairs to our room, and the place was just absolutely filthy. We were so worried that our room would be in the same state but actually found the room was clean and did the job. As I say, if you just want a bed for the night. with buses outside straight into Oxford then this is for you. If I was to go again, I would probably stay at the Premier Inn over this even though its much further out! Breakfast was shocking too with really rude service again.. This really would be a last resort stay!

One positive.. the bathroom appeared to have been recently done so was of a much higher standard then the room and hotel itself!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank samantha1202
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I planned on staying here for a few weeks while taking a hiatus from work so I could write. Checking in was fine, and though the staff was a little short, they were professional. I didn't have any complaints, though the place isn't glamourous, until I became ill a day or two into my stay. I was running a fever and debating finding a doctor, but in no shape to walk around and find a place to eat. I pulled out my laptop and found a place that would deliver food, when I noticed that guests weren't allowed to have food in their rooms. I called the manager and asked if I could be an exception since i was ill, but I was told that policy forbid it. I missed breakfast (only a two hour window) because I was sleeping two mornings in a row and literally went three days without eating. I had to cut my entire stay short and go back home because i was so weak.

In short, this place is ok, my complaint had to do with my illness, but I think I would look elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank GypsyElfMaiden
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Large house converted into guesthouse. Has a gym on back which quite odd whilst booking in seeing people working up a sweat...!

Rooms large and very clean. My double bed actually two singles pushed together, but even so had a wonderful nights sleep. Bathroom very modern white suite with plenty hot water, also plenty tea coffee in rooms.

Only gripe is breakfast served from 830... When we were leaving at 750 for work. When asked if we could have something bit earlier, lady said could put fruit yogurt and possibly croissant on dining room for us. (we think we the only guests staying today)

Other than that this place is very nice, especially as only couple minutes from the university where we are working today.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The room was clean and well equipped with tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom was lovely and modern with all amenities. The guest house was handy to Oxford centre with the bus-stop right outside. Though all the staff were pleasant and courteous, I felt that the personal touch was missing.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This guest house was very clean and quiet even though right on a main road, in the Headington neighborhood of Oxford. Rooms well-equipped with electric kettle, tea assortment, plentiful biscuits and hair-dryer. Towel-warmer in the bathroom a lovely touch. On the other hand, they seem to be functioning without Do Not Disturb signs, and the breakfast, while ample, was disheartening. That said, if you like nothing but yogurt, fruit and toast in the morning, this could be the place for you. Especially convenient to John Radcliffe Hospital.

Room Tip: Big price break for sharing a bathroom if you're traveling with children and need two rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank aestheticangel
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Booked in here for a one night stay as my usual B&B was closed. Mistake, The bed mattress was so thin I felt the boards underneath, the pillows were old and thin, worn out, the carpet in the room was dirty and thin, worn out. I thought brekkie would save the day but no, the brown toast was thin, sliced sandwich loaf. I think some establishments have no conception of what a traditional English Breakfast should be. However the happy smilie faces of the staff working in the morning brought my mark back up to 5/10.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business