“the white horse revisited”

The White Horse Thai Restaurant
Ranked #131 of 671 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2014

after my disastrous visit for my 65th birthday meal in dec 2013 i had a very nice phone call from anwar the owner apologising for our awful evening and explaining the chef had been taken ill a few days before we visited.he offered for me to return back anytime to make it up to me.so last week my daughter and myself went there for lunch.we explained who we were and had a wonderful fresh lunch plus a take out for my grandaugher who couldnt be there.anwar would not let us pay for anything at all so fair play we were delighted.him and his wife were lovely.many thanks anwar

2  Thank susan p

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This pub never disappoints. To get genuine Thai food and good English beers (ale) is becoming more difficult to find, as they move towards bland Eurofizz in so many English Pubs these days.
Have probably visited here ten times now and always the smiling welcome and fresh food never lets you down. Will be back time & time again.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

After a day in Bicester, we were looking for a place to eat on our way home and Trip Advisor came up trumps. This is a really quaint country pub serving lovely Thai food and good local beer to boot! As we came back from Thailand less than 2 weeks before, we can voucher that it tasted authentic - only difference was the 30C difference in temperature. However, it was a cold day and were able to get a table close to the log stove, so if you want a warm seat, ask for table No.10.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent food and lovely staff, especially Ying who is attentive and even remembered our favourite dishes weeks after we had ordered them the first time. Seriously some of the best Thai food I have tried. The shared platter starter is delicious and the Phad Thai the best I have ever had. Also try the chow mien, sweet & sour and Phad Khing. The Tom Yum Goong is superb. Prices are reasonable and setting is cute. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Ate in and food was delicious! Great value for money too. One of the waitresses was a little grumpy though. Otherwise service was good too.