“Value for money in such an expensive city.”
Review of St Hugh's College

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
St Hugh's College
Ranked #58 of 85 Oxford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I felt a bit like I was staying at a very good youth hostel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There was plenty of bathrooms so there was no waiting for your turn. There was also a choice of a shower or bath. They were also spotless. Unlike some hotels I have stayed in there was no noise through out the night from revellers however my room looked directly at the bell tower and it chimed on the hour every hour throughout the night, ear plugs solved that problem though! There was plenty of choice at breakfast and well cooked. Accommodation is expensive in Oxford I would recommend you give this or one of the other colleges a go!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Amanda R

Reviewed 21 April 2013

If you visit such a fantastic university town what better place to stay than a college. Have spent three nights here with my two sisters, we have our own room basic but spotless, shared bathrooms which was not a problem as there were so many to choose from and all spotless. You could walk to town but the bus was easy just outside. Breakfast were great, it felt like being back at school. The staff everywhere were so friendly and helpful. Such a lovely building and grounds and the thought that Aung San Suu Kyi studied here made it seem more special. Would stay here again most definitely.

Room Tip: Not near the clock tower
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lorna J
Reviewed 26 January 2013

great system for booking rooms, helpful security staff and somewhere secure to park. The room was clean and minimal. Gives you an idea what the university students have to put up with. Just a bed, wardrobe, desk and some shelves. Free wifi available. Seemed very minimal accommodation in a lovely old building. Shower facilities shared with several other rooms. Soaps and shampoo provided as are fresh towels. But then you get to the breakfast........omg what a feast. Rows and rows of tables, ready to receive you massive amounts of cooked English breakfast, cold juices and milk, cereals, yogurts toast, bread, second helpings. Really. Try not to eat too ate the night before and take full advantage of this. See how the other half eat in the mornings.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank earthman72
Reviewed 12 July 2012

What better place to stay in Oxford than a college?! Our room was basic but clean and the bathrooms were clean, and it was not a problem that they were shared. St. Hughes is quite a walk from the center of town (20-30 minutes), but it was a nice walk and it's easy to also take a bus or a taxi. Breakfast was very good and there were lots of options! And the porter was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and you can't beat the price!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Terri S
Reviewed 29 June 2012

St. Hugh's B&B is a clean and tidy Victorian era place set on beautiful grounds. The rooms are not as large as I previously experienced in Rewley House but it worked fine for our purpose. This is a dormitory room that is normally used by one that has an extra bed in it.
The breakfast was great! All you can eat with many choices including eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, fruit.
This college is a little far out from the centre so you either must be ready to add a considerable walk on what will surely be a 'walk intensive' visit or take the bus or taxi into the centre.Both are easy to find.
Would I go back? Absolutely! However, if I was able to arrange a college residence closer to the centre I would probably take that.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank PG_GB
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I have stayed here six times and I would highly recommend this option for solo travellers to Oxford. It would very difficult to find better value at this price. Rooms are old and basic, but very comfortable and clean. The rooms have no toilet or wash basin, but you have access to multiple shower rooms, baths, and toilets, very close to your room (and I never saw any queues for them). You do NOT share these facilities with students. The rooms are quite spacious (except for room 58MB which is tiny) and they have full internet facilities (some websites wrongly list St. Hughs as having no internet). The college has picturesque grounds and an academic atmosphere. The grounds are conveniently located within walking distance of central Oxford (and especially convenient for St. Giles, Jericho, or Summetown). Breakfast is included in the price of the room and the quality is good. Staff were friendly and helpful, and they accommodated my requests (e.g I wanted an iron and ironing board). You can also leave your luggage in the security lodge after check-out. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank yrussell
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I was at St Hugh's for 4 nights and enjoyed it very much! I was a bit hesitant as I don't like to share bathrooms, but they were clean, modern, and always available. The room was large with a great view. They also had daily service with clean towels, linens, and water bottles/tea. The only downside was that the doors slam (and it is very loud!), however for the price and location I didn't mind. It is an easy walk to city centre and there are frequent buses for the tired feet. Also the experience of staying in an Oxford college is simply incredible. I would most certainly stay here again. Cheers!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank PondCrosser82
StHughsCollege, Accommodation & Facilities Team at St Hugh's College, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am really glad you enjoyed the experience of staying with us at St Hugh's College.
Thank you for informing us about the noise of the doors in our main building, we will look into ways of preventing this from happening. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

The Team at St Hugh's