“Good clean but something had gone wrong that day...”
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford

Holiday Inn Oxford
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Good clean but something had gone wrong that day...”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Arrived at 11pm, car park dug up which required some neat reversing to get back out.
Friendly reception staff that had to walk me to my room as the key cards werent working.
Was assured key would be pushed under door during night. It wasnt.
Early start meant I had not booked breakfast and just a coffee in my room... kettle, cups and coffee but no milk or sugar. So had to go to breakfast, where they tried to charge full breakfast price for a coffee... i eventually managed to explain the issue and they didnt charge for it.
Then got a key, went to room, key not working, walked back down, got a member of staff to open door (without any proof of that it was my room).
Overall, the stay was OK in a clean and well managed hotel but they just missed some details.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Mr_Mote,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is a generic holiday inn .The room was nice and clean and although the hotel was fully booked there was no noise outside late at night which has to be down to god management . Reception was friendly and efficient The breakfast staff were also friendly and the buffet well stocked The only sight disappointment was the coffee which was tepid and smokey and difficult to get a second cup .This was minor and a definitely better than average breakfast experience

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ahappytraveller101
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you very much for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor following your visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel and facilities, I will pass your comments onto our Food & Beverage Manager relating to the coffee.
Your compliments regarding the staff and their service will be shared amongst the team.
Thank you once again and I do hope that you visit us again in the future.
Paris, France
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Yes I too would stay here again because the Holiday Inn provided good value for money - Breakfast was included and was good - rooms were clean and staff were curteous. They even had the third bed ready in our room which is usually forgotten by most hotels but not this one.
However guests should be aware that it is a bit way out of Oxford and if you are expecting to walk to the city of dreaming spires then you are mistaken. It is on the pear tree round about, woodstock. The confusion arose for me because woodstock ROAD starts in the centre of the city and goes on for 5 miles and holiday inn is on the other end. There are park and ride buses that take you into the city which is convenient though and if you have your car it is easy to drive in.
Do stay at the holiday inn but just be aware of this fact regarding the location.
Room service food was tasty, quick and well priced.
Internet cost 15 pounds or 20 euros or 20 dollars a day which I think is a pain to pay. don't know why but I feel internet is like air and it should be freely available everywhere including in your room - in this day and age paying for internet...tut tut...
Parking was ample and free which was very positive and although right on the motorway I must say their double glazing is excellent and the room was super quiet.
Yes I would go there when I just want to sleep in and not worry about parking and stuff.
hope this helps.

Room Tip: we were in the executive room which accommodated three people.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank roxinparis
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel and facilities - even though we were a little further from the City Centre than you expected!
Your compliments have been shared with the team and your comments noted regarding the internet charges. We do have different bundles available to suit guest requirements and these can be discussed at Reception.
Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Oxford.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I checked into this hotel after a long week at a conference abroad and a terrible flight back into Gatwick. Upon arrival during the early hours of the morning, this weary traveller was greeted with a smile, efficient check in service and the key to a very nice room. I ordered from 24 hour room service and demolished the chicken and avocado sandwich which I can reccomend.

The stay in this hotel was professional, fanastic and the hotel has definitely earned its place on my list of preferred places to stay when in that part of the world.

My take home message to the staff is keep up the good work.

1 Thank SSN123
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oxford.
It is always a pleasure to receive such complimentary feedback and I have shared your kind comments with the team.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back for future visits.
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Great reception staff (who now greet me by name on arrival). Room and bedding clean, you know what to expect. Food and drinks usual high prices of a hotel, with food not being particularly good quality. Restaurant staff at breakfast friendly and efficient. Great choice of fruit for breakfast.
I stay away once a month in the Oxford area and over the last 14 years have tried many others in the area, but always come back here.
Unfortunately no free wifi, with high charges, but Hol inn express at kassam stadium has free wifi.
There is a waitrose, Starbucks and KFC on same site as hotel.
Road noise from A34 can be a nuisance if on the wrong side of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and I am pleased that you enjoy your visits with us on a regular basis. Your kind comments have been shared with the team.
I have noted your comments regarding no complimentary wi-fi , however there are different packages available to suit individual requirements.
Thank you once again.
Coalville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2012

OK, its a Holiday Inn, so you know pretty much what to expect. We stayed for 2 nights, and I have to say that the staff without exception were very efficient and polite (mainly east European. We ate in the restaurant as our break included a meal on the first night. Well, it was very nice, but couldn't help feeling it was very stodgy and big - not much about fine dining. We were a bit disappointed that the meals included on our deal were limited and perhaps some of the other meals would have been more to our liking. Breakfast was superb. Overall, a nice stay-over and just a walk over to the Park and Ride for a visit to Oxford city which was fantastic!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RichinLeics
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Oxford and that you used the Park & Ride bus service to visit the City Centre to take in the sights of Oxford!
Your comments regarding our staff have been passed to the Departmental Managers to share with their teams.
I hope that you will visit us again in the future when we look forward to welcoming you back.
Oxford
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Check in was fast and efficient. My room on the forth floor was clean and comfortable. I like the fact that this holiday inn hasn't stooped low enough to start charging guests to park. It is a shame the same cant be said for the outrageous wifi charges! In every holiday inn review I read guests always complain about this charge more than anything else. One day I am sure somebody will listen and do something about it. On the whole though I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Andy C
Thank you for posting you recent review on Trip Advisor following your visit to Oxford. I am pleased that you found our Reception staff efficient and friendly and that you liked you room.
With regard to the wi-fi charges, I am sorry that it is not complimentary - we do have different bundles available to cater for individual requirements.
Thank you once again for your comments.