“Nice hotel, amazing staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Holiday Inn Oxford

Holiday Inn Oxford
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
London, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, amazing staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Myself and a friend stayed here for a little shopping weekend. We weren't impressed with Bicester Village so headed back to the hotel. The hotel was clean, spacious and comfortable. What make this hotel stand out are the staff.
They call the room to check you are settled in o.k, i have never experienced this!
The pool and spa areas were busy as expected on Saturdays but nice.
The staff ( Douglas, Ian and Francine) were just fantastic throughout. Friendly, funny and just couldn't be more helpful.
We went out to a local pub for dinner called The Trout inn ,which was lovely,while we were waiting for our cab from the hotel to the pub they even got us iced water.
Douglas the operations manager even gave us a refund when a taxi overcharged us!
The park and ride into oxford is a 3 minute walk and very frequent.
Breakfast was good and the waiting staff very attentive.
We couldn't fault the service making this hotel very unique and special! The staff appeared to love their job and this makes the hotel a fantastic place to stay.
This hotel is on a main road, and your view is a travelodge, but with service this good I would highly recommend staying at this hotel on a trip to Oxford.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank lisa r
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Your comments posted on TripAdvisor are most welcome and in particular your compliments regarding our hotel, facilities and staff.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford where we strive to give good service to all of our guests.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

This is a Holiday Inn, so you should know what you are getting before you even arrive.

The location is Pear Tree roundabout, which is an area akin to a motorway service station off the M40. That said, it is well served with a (small) Waitrose and a cafe.

The hotel is clean, has a gym and wifi (which unfortunately is not FOC)

The staff are very good, Ian on reception is especially good, very friendly and very efficient.

If you are a business traveller this is a good place to stay, if you are looking for somewhere amongst the dreaming spires of Oxford you will not like the location

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Oxford left on TripAdvisor following your visit to Oxford. I was pleased that you liked the Hotel, found our staff friendly and enjoyed the gym. Unfortunately our Head Office set the charges for wi-fi, and I have fed your comments back to them - however, there are various packages available to suit all requirements from 30 minutes to all day.
Thank you once again for your feedback.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

Lovely spacious room, clean and lovely comfortable bed. The staff were super and very friendly, would definitely recommend the hotel. The Park and Ride just across the slip road gave easy access to the city centre.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RitaK109
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments posted on TripAdvisor. It is lovely to receive such great feedback, not only relating to the hotel itself but also to the staff - they all appreciate your comments. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope that you will visit us again soon here at the Holiday Inn Oxford.
Thank you once again.
ballymoney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

Visited Holiday Inn Oxford for one night , The reception staff were exceptional, polite,friendly and very welcoming . After checking in and settling in to my room a phone call followed to enquire if everything was to my satisfaction and anything else I required.. Wow that's service !! The room in terms of cleanliness,warmth ,lighting ,hot drinks ,fridge not to mention a modern tv . Definitely couldn't fault this Holiday Inn and would recommend it to anyone !!
My only gripe !!, I'm a Guinness drinker for over 40 years , I have never seen my favourite comfort drink poured like a pot of coffee , the head dumped out and refilled , at £4.25 a pint I would like more professionalism from bar staff.
I personally found my brief time at the bar shorter than I wished. Personally I think management need to address the failings of the bar with the superb job that has been in general. All in all doesn't take away the flesh of the chop that is Holiday Inn Oxford . Just left the bone at the Bar!! Definitely will return .. Hope to see you soon

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford and thank you for your positive comments relating to the staff, facilities and the hotel.
With regard to your 'guiness' experience please accept our apologies, we have a new member of the bar team who has now undergone further training and will be ready for your next visit - when we look forward to welcoming you back!
Thank you once again.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed just one night on our way back north. It was a great stopover hotel, with very clean comfortable room. The leisure facilities are very good, The staff were professional and very helpful. The breakfast was also good, service was quick. We will certainly stay again, the family rooms are great.

Room Tip: Family rooms are great
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Many thanks for your recent review following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. It is always a pleasure to receive such a complimentary review and I have shared your comments amongst the whole team.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and do hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.
Thank you.
Surrey UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for New Years Eve for one night only. Checked in at 9pm, which was quick and the gentleman on reception was very polite and friendly. Car park is big and it is free to park which is always good.

We had paid to stay in one of the Executive Rooms which was on the 4th floor. The room itself is a normal sized hotel room that you would expect. The bed was an ok size, snug as opposed to having plenty of room. I can't quite see how they call it an Executive room though, there were 2 bathrobes on the bed that looked and felt very old and worn. The TV was a nice size, and the bathroom was ok. The pillows were very firm and stiff which resulted in a stiff neck but I was advised that I could of asked for different pillows which I never took note of before.

However upon wakening Myself and my partner was itching on our arms and legs, we noticed that we had both been bitten during the night. I had three bites on my arm and under my arm and my leg and my partner had been bitten on his leg. We never had the window open at any stage and we didn't notice anything flying around in the room so I mentioned it to reception. The gentleman who I believe was called Ian called housekeeping straight away for them to go and inspect the bed for any bedbugs, this was done straight away and we was advised that nothing had been found, he also wanted us to check the bed with housekeeping too but nothing was found. The room was going to closed off for 24 hours and inspected throughly once we checked out.

The breakfast was ok, I have had better from a hotel before. The hash browns tasted stale and hard like they had been sat there for a long time and the eggs were under cooked, guests were requesting that they were to be cooked more.

Overall it was an ok stay with The Holiday Inn, the building itself is nice, big and clean. The rooms were okay, maybe over priced for what they are however we did stay on NYE which may of resulted in a price increase but I am not sure I would stay here again. I may be quite fussy and have specific needs but they are important to myself and make my experience at hotels, and due to my partners job working away from home we do stay in a lot of hotels. The staff however were very helpful and friendly and made up for the few bad experiences we had there.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting your recent review following your stay with us on New Years Eve. I was pleased to learn that you liked the Hotel, staff and its facilities.
I have noted your comments relating to your bites. As you know, our Housekeeping team did a thorough investigation and nothing was found. The bedding was all washed, the room was then thoroughly cleaned and closed off for 24 hours.
I do hope that this incident has not deterred you from visiting us again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

Convenient location for oxford city and Bicester. Kids stay free! Excellent for families and esoecially friendly service. Little minus with trays staying for a while in corridors. The food is great and again the service is mighty friendly and nice.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank curiousBenjie
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Many thanks for your recent review posted on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return to visit us again in the near future.
Thank you once again for your comments.