“"A happy Christmas experience"”
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford

Holiday Inn Oxford
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Teulada
“"A happy Christmas experience"”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at the hotel. All the staff we encountered (Including domestic) were helpful and professional and the duty manager (Douglas) organised a courtesy car for us when travel information provided by them proved incorrect. Our room was comfortable, clean and well maintained and breakfast was both well presented and extremely tasty. We intend to return to see more of the beautiful city of Oxford and will no doubt stay at the Holiday Inn again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much indeed for your kind and positive review of the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable visit and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Joost van Spengler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting relatives over Christmas . First impressions were very good with pleasant staff on the reception desk and a very comfortable room complete with complimentary snacks and bottled water . We didn't use the restaurant however the swimming pool was excellent and again the staff in the leisure centre were great . As per previous reviews , the only downside is the ridiculously priced wi-fi ! Would recommend , especially if you get a good rate , and it's extremely handy for the Pear Tree Park and Ride in to Oxford which operates late in to the night and is less than £3 return .

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your recent review following your stay with us over the festive season. I am very pleased that you liked the Hotel, staff, facilities and location and your feedback is much appreciated.
I very much hope that you visit again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back to Oxford.
Joost van Spengler.
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business and when I arrived the bar/lounge was especially busy, yet the reception staff were most helpful and restaurant staff accommodating. The food was very good and bed comfortable, my only complaint would be that the wifi was chargeable throughout the hotel, and when travelling on business is an inconvenience. I would however stay here again if I was travelling in the area as all the staff were particularly helpful and professional.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Oxford following your December visit. I am pleased that you liked the Hotel and found the staff helpful and friendly and glad that you would choose to stay with us again in the future.
Unfortunately our wifi charges are set by our Head Office, however I can advise that we do offer free wifi to IHG Reward Club Elite Members.
West Sussex
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Great location next to the Park & Ride which continued until late evening. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast everything one could want including fresh fruit salad. I never, ever have cooked breakfast but here I really couldn't resist! Couldn't fault it and would certainly return. We looked out onto the main road but didn't hear a thing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much indeed for your kind and positive feedback following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am extremely pleased that you liked the hotel, friendly staff, location and that you thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast.
I do hope that you visit again soon, when we look forward to welcoming you back.
Manchester
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The first thing that surprised me was that this hotel in located on a service station. This didn't bother me but it's worth pointing out. The benefit is that there is plenty of free parking!

Check in was swift and friendly and I was informed about the free internet (I'm a IHG rewards platinum member). However, when I got to the room, the free internet didn't work. I then 'upgraded' to the 'faster' service (at a cost) and was so annoyed when it didn't work. I complained to reception and then was put in touch with their IT people, who tried to tell me that the service was working fine. It obviously wasn't! For some people, wifi isn't an issue... but for someone like me, it is crucial!

The rest of my stay was pretty uneventful - the rooms were clean and met my expectations. I should point out that the corridor had a 'musty' smell.

I arrived quite late and then left early, so didn't try the gym or have any breakfast.

Tip: A taxi into Oxford only took about 10/15 minutes. The receptionist told me it would take 45 minutes, which was completely ridiculous (the taxi driver laughed at me when I told him).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am pleased that you liked the hotel and it's location. I was sorry to learn of your difficulties in connecting to the internet and for that I apologise.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

When staying at the holiday inn, you know what to expect.
Clean, modern, OK size rooms.
Modern bath / shower (which is very important to me)
==
traveled with our baby, cot was provided - in V good condition.
Kids eat free - the first night nobody offered us the kids menu therefore had ordered her a side dish (which we were charged for).
Second night - we *found* kids menu by the bar. Original bill charged for her meal but when checking out the next morning, we saw a second bill with her dish (from the previous night only) free.
Must say that the restaurant was V busy both nights, with xmas parties, so only was able to dine in the lounge area (which was not a problem, especially when the hotel representative made sure to call a day before arrival letting us know that would be the case - well done).
Having said that, on the second night, staff was EVER so helpful and kind in the lounge area, which was very pleasant.
==
The usual thumb downs for the hotel:
1. Overpriced WiFi charges
2. Overpriced meal price for a very average menu

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fishbone46
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent review, following your recent visit to the Hotel.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and received good service. However, I was sorry to read that you were not offered the children's menu and for that I apologise.
I do hope that you visit us again in the future and would welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Oxford.
Didcot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here one night for my partners christmas works bash, check in was good room was perfectly adequate clean and tidy and quiet, which i found rather unusual as there were 3 separate parties going on in the hotel that night so this was a plus.
Shower was very good again bathroom clean and tidy
Bed comfort is always a bit subjective, for me the matress was a tad hard but my partner was more than happy with it.
The food at the party was a bit "conveyer belt" mass produced, but for 90+ people this was not a bad effort drinks were the standard hotel price e.g. expensive
The breakfast that was included in the price was the help yourself buffet type and was really quite good.
I am relatively local to this hotel (within 12 miles) so am quite familar with the area i can see why this is quite a handy place to stay if visiting Oxford as it right next to the park and ride.
So all in all i was quite happy with my short stay here and could not find anything much to whinge about ....well done

1 Thank Andy M
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind & positive review following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel and location.
I do hope that you visit us again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,