“Good location for Oxford visit”
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford

Holiday Inn Oxford
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had a great stay. Convenient Peartree park & ride bus to Oxford Centre is available just a short walk away. A few services in the complex across the carpark, including a Starbucks with free wi-fi.
Hotel room was nicely set out and rather large, did not use the gym or pool or have breakfast included in our price so can't comment. Food in restaurant seemed rather expensive so did not try.
Staff were all helpfull, the hotel looked after our luggage after checkout so we could have extra time in Oxford.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank C3travelbug
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review of the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am pleased that you liked the Hotel and its location and do hope you visit again in the future, whereby you may make use of our spa facilities and enjoy breakfast with us.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Joost van Spengler

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 13 January 2014

It was a very quiet area, which was great. there is a multi complex about a 2 minute walk, which was really handy. Staff really helpful and nice, and had a great breakfast, which was included in the price. We were even given an accessible room, even though neither me or my partner are wheelchair users, which gave us extra space. Was alittle way from town, but Im guessing this is why the price was that low. Also got free wifi, so great overall!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I am very pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Oxford and would like to thank you very much for your kind and positive comments.
I do hope that you visit again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel in the summer while visiting family in Oxford. As my husband is a wheelchair user we cannot stay in their home and so we booked this hotel. The hotel website states that it has accessible rooms and it is a relatively newly built hotel so I never envisaged the problems we encountered. When I booked the hotel I stated that my husband is a wheelchair user and so we needed an accessible room. When we went into our room I noticed that there was a bath, not a shower. I went to reception and asked if we could be moved to a room with a shower. I was informed that none of the so called accessible rooms have showers, they all have baths. When I asked how my husband was supposed to bathe during his stay I was informed the only possibility was for him to use the shower in the gents changing room of the fitness centre. As he needs assistance to shower this was not possible and is not a valid solution to this problem! As I had booked and paid for this hotel on Expedia we had no choice but to stay.
Not only do I find it unacceptable for a modern hotel to treat wheelchair users as second class people and not design better rooms for them, I find it unbelievable that requests to discuss this with managers etc have been ignored.
Sort it out Holiday Inn or stop advertising accessible rooms on your website.
Needless to say we won't use Holiday Inn again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahg24

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us last summer. I appreciate your comments and if you had enquired at the time of making your reservation regarding the provision of showers in our accessible rooms, then you would have been advised accordingly that all of our rooms have baths. I can advise that our bedrooms and indeed all the Hotel fully conform to the DDA standards.
Our reception team tried to offer a solution of using the accessible shower in the Health Club and I apologise if you found this offensive.
Finally, I have no record in my office of a request to make contact regarding your stay, however if you wish to contact me again I will personally respond to your concerns.
Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great location for visiting Oxford and the surrounding area ample free parking and walking distance to a park and ride to the City Centre.
On the main route to visit Woodstock and Blenheim Palace and onto the Cotswolds and Stratford upon Avon. And not far from Bicester Village Designer Centre if you want a little shopping therapy.
Don't forget to visit the Trout Inn at Wolvercote just carry on through the village of Wolvercote and you cannot miss the pub car park opposite

Room Tip: The two rooms we had where excellent
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John P

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much indeed for your kind feedback following your visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford.
I very much appreciate your comments and glad that you liked the location of the hotel for sight-seeing.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We booked this hotel for two nights. The room was an executive room but it was pretty much a standard room. Only extras we noticed was one bathrobe and two small bottles of water. We are IHG members so when we made the booking it stated we would receive free wifi but this wasn't the case. We had to pay £25 for two days of wifi access. Which I think is an outrageous price but had to pay it anyway for work commitments.
The hotel is ok in itself but seemed to be very busy. There wasn't enough staff working so even ordering food from the bar was very long winded. We ordered two chicken tikka saag masalas and two bottles of water and it was about £25.00 and when it came out it was cold and had to be taken back and returned after being put in the microwave as the popadum had gone soggy. It wasn't great and we didn't order food from the hotel again.
There was a lot of variety at breakfast but our first morning it was manic, everything was running out and the poor staff were running around trying to please everyone.
The park and ride service is a great idea and we found it such a easy and cheap way to get around. Would advise everyone to use this.
The Heath centre on site was nice but because it's open to the public it can be quite busy. But the staff were very helpful and the facilities were good.
Once I got home after my stay at the holiday inn I realised I had left my makeup bag behind, when I called the hotel they said that they had found it and would be happy to send it on to me... At a charge. I had to pay the postage it was just over £4. I would have thought such a large company would have sent this on for free.
Over all we was impressed by this hotel at all and wouldn't return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petal1982

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am sorry that you were disappointed with certain elements of your stay and your feedback is very much appreciated and has been acted upon where possible.
I would like to clarify that free internet access is available to our IHG Reward Elite Members (Gold & Platinum) at present and that it will be available to base members at some stage during 2014.
With regard to our Executive bedrooms, the additional benefits include a larger television, enhanced bathroom amenities, safe, iron & ironing board, ergonomic desk chair, shaving mirror, speaker phone, chocolate bar and Oxford literature.
My apologies once again and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a mid week break as a base for the sale shopping at Oxford and Bicester village. Hotel was really nice. Heath club excellent, staff friendly and rooms very comfortable. The only gripe was that we ate in the restaurant and it was clear the hotel had not prepared for the amount of diners it had. As such the staff were run ragged and when the food arrived it was cold. We complained to the Resturant managed and warm food was brought as well as complimentary drinks from the bar and coffee. This more than made up for the hitch with our food. Breakfast was fantastic too :-)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neilandlou
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Oxford. I was really pleased to learn that you very much enjoyed your stay with us, liked the Hotel, facilities and friendly staff.
I was very sorry to hear that your food was cold whilst dining in our Restaurant but very pleased that my team rectified this for you.
Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope that you visit us again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We spent one night here because it provided easy access for visiting the city of Oxford only a few miles away. The staff were helpful and friendly and the hotel provided all the facilities that you would expect from a holiday Inn, a comfortable and clean room, a good breakfast and good restaurant and bar service. However, we were not impressed that there was no free access to wi-fi and found it hard to believe that this had to be paid for. We had spent a few nights in Oxfordshire in local Inns all of which provided free Wi-fi access.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kath L

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your recent review following your recent visit to the hotel. I am very pleased that you liked the Hotel, its facilities, location and our friendly and helpful staff.
Your comments regarding internet have bee noted and I can advise that we do offer free wifi to IHG Reward Club Elite Members.