Holiday Inn Oxford
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,192 results
All reviewspark and ridehealth clubexecutive roomswimming poolcity centrepear treeservice areaservice stationpetrol stationtrouser pressblenheim palacesteam roombicester villagetravel lodgereception staffthe bussofa bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was part of the mature ladies group who stayed at the Pear Tree roundabout Holiday Inn on Saturday. The hotel is in a great location for access to Oxford city centre being a short walk from the park and ride. I stayed in room 238 which was quiet but had a real problem with the air conditioning unit. Basically it was throwing out warm air rather than cool. I have read other reviews which seem to have commented on the same problem. The room was quite basic but did have a flat screen TV and it was clean and the bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows. The view was over a flat roof overlooking a very ugly structure, a few pot plants to hide the structure would have enhanced the view and brighten the whole aspect. The bathroom had an over bath shower and nice fluffy towels.

The swimming pool was very good especially as I had it to myself early Sunday morning but possibly would have been a tad small if the rest of my party had joined me! There is also a sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi all very clean and fully functioning. No encouragement for group lounging poolside as only 3 beds available. Showers and changing rooms were clean, had hair dyers and spin dryer for wet costumes.

Generally the hotel staff were very pleasant, attentive and accommodating. However, I feel that there is room for improvement in some areas. I was very disappointed that our plates were cleared at dinner before everyone had finished their meal. All of the steaks were overcooked mine being ordered rare and served barely pink in the middle but just about still edible. They were very thin so possibly there was not much margin for error! Bearing in mind we had preordered our meals some 4 hours earlier the chef should have had plenty of time to get it right. We were not offered to try the wine (£23 a bottle) and although I appreciate that screw cap wines are rarely "corked" there are occasions when wine can be off when stored incorrectly. My starter of humous was excellent along with the fudge brownie for desert but would have preferred to have finished it and not rushed to have my plate cleared. We were not offered coffee or tea after dinner at the table presumably because they wanted us to leave which in fact we were asked to as they wanted to set up for breakfast.

The breakfast was excellent with a good choice of fruits, yoghourts, cereals, breads, juices and the usual full English cooked.

I would recommend this hotel if my issues are addressed and if they are we may be back again next year!

Room Tip: Room 238 is quiet but has no view and is far too hot.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review, folloiwng your group visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am pleased that you liked the location, leisure club and attentive staff. I am sorry that you had an issue with your air conditioning in your room and that the steaks were not cooked to your preferred specifications. Please be assured that I will be addressing your concerns with the relevant departmental managers to ensure that your feedback is addressed,
I do hope that you consider visiting us again next year when we look forward to welcoming you back to Oxford.
Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed at the Pear Tree Roundabout Holiday Inn for a weekend after a wedding and was very surprised and impressed. The pool was great, rooms clean and comfortable and breakfast excellent. Staff were all very helpful and the location of the Hotel is ideal for visiting Oxford City and Country side. The Park and Ride is just 5 mins. walk (and you can use bus passes) Also found a lovely pub The Trout on the river just one mile away at Wolvercote and over bridge to Wytham a hidden gem, The White Hart. We will be back next year with the grandchildren.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,
I am very pleased that you had such an enjoyable weekend at the Holiday Inn Oxford and that you liked all aspects of the Hotel.
The location of the Hotel does suit both city cenre and countryside visits and we look forward to welcoming you back again next year.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The 'jewel in the crown' for this hotel is its staff who can't do enough to make sure you get the most out of your stay.
12 single rooms booked for a group of mature ladies

Wonderfully attentive and helpful staff
Rooms adequate and clean
Close to the park and ride
Superb choice for breakfast
Good choice of evening meals
Plenty of parking and Waitrose within walking distance

The 12 rooms, all booked at the same time, were on different floors. It would have been nice to have all been in the same area.
Views from some of the rooms almost totally obstructed and some overlooking the flat roof. This did not affect us but some guests might not be happy.
One of the most popular wines was not available and was priced at double of what it is available for in the supermarket.
The steaks were thinner than expected and the medium was well done, rare was medium etc
(we could have returned them but chose not to as we wanted to eat the meal all at the same
time)
Waiters started to clear plates before all diners had finished their meals
Swimming pool very small and not enough chairs
Screaming baby in the restaurant at 9pm

Would certainly return to this hotel again based on its proximity to park and ride and excellent staff

Room Tip: Avoid 232, 234, 236, 238 as they all overlook the flat roof and 238 has obstructed view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review of the Holiday Inn Oxford following your group booking. I am very pleased that you found all staff to be friendly and attentive.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal, however apologise for the shortfalls you experienced and confirm that these have been shared with my Food & Beverage Manager.
I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed one night at the Holiday Inn and We can not say it was impressive.
Room was very poorly furnished, quite small and basic.
Not too great attention to details in the cleaning either. Toilet paper roll was already half used and we found some hairs around.
Receptionists were nice and helpful both at check in and check out.
We had also dinner at the restaurant, the food was good as it was the service, although we waited rather long for the food to arrive. It was not waiter's fault as they were very efficient and attentive. Special mention to Howeson who went for the extra mile with his service.
Breakfast was ok, pastries a bit dry and not salmon, but sufficient variety and service, again, satisfactory.
Location-wise, it is not central, but well connected by bus. The stop is 5 minutes away and it takes 15 minutes to reach the city centre.
We would say that it is a good hotel for short stays, that can hit the spot with its staff, so we might consider to go back, only if given a better room (our was definitely not value for money).

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room and apologise for the shortfalls you experienced on this occasion. This is not indicative of our usual high standards and I do apologise.
I am very pleased that you found our staff fiendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your meal in our Restaurant.
I do hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed here just for one night during our short stay in oxford. The hotel is within easy reach to oxfords city centre attractions. We arrived to our room to see single beds which I may add could not be pushed together!! But after a phone call we were allocated another room with a double bed 8-) The bar area is good with a great selection of wines available. The breakfast in the morning was a tad busy for my liking this was due to a coach booking full of the whole coach eating breakfast! However the staff were very attentive and did there best and the food was lovely.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much indeed for posting your review following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and liked the Hotel, location and attentive staff.
Thank you once again!