“Great Location”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Cheshire, UK
“Great Location”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great place to stay. Leave the car and take a taxi into Oxford (about £9.00 each way), There's not much parking in town. Oxford is very compact as cities go, so easy to walk around and soak up the knowledge. Hotel typical HI experience, but very friendly staff. Good breakfast will keep you full until mid afternoon. Didn't use the spa or pool due to time restraints but will next time.

Room Tip: Even though situated at a service station, there was no noise, even on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mark R
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am very pleased that you liked the Hotel and its location to the City.
I do hope that you visit again soon and take time to enjoy the Health Club facilities.
Joost van Spengler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Spent a Saturday at the hotel in an executive room which was clean and had the bonus of shutters to keep the room dark and quiet.
Has a swimming pool and well laid out lounge.
Most importantly all the staff were friendly and very knowledgable. Special mention to Jo in making the reservation so simple and helpful.
There is a park and ride at the location to take you into Oxford which cuts out all the parking worries.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nick S
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much indeed for your kind and positive review of the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable visit and liked the Hotel, facilities and location, together with helpful and friendly staff.
Your feedback is very much appreciated and I do hope that you visit us again in the future.
Barnet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Spent 2 nights there while attending a function in Oxford. On the whole an excellent place meeting the standards one would expect of the international Holiday Inn repute.

The whole hotel was very clean and the staff always very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were very comfortable and the buffet breakfast was generous and sumptuous.

Parking was free.... The modern rooms were actually cheaper than what Expedia made me pay in advance!

On the whole, the only down-side, and a continuing gripe I have with many hotel chains, is the charge for wi-fi. I could simply use my personal hot-spot from my iPhone but foreign visitors would not be so fortunate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Felix U
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your recent review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable visit and that you liked the Hotel, free parking and friendly staff.
I can confirm that from 1st of July we now offer free STANDARD wifi to all IHG rewards members. Club, Gold and Platinum.
Oxted
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for work and found the hotel and staff excellent!
Stayed in an executive room which was very clean and was perfect for needs (black out shutters were fab!) Bar and restaurant was great and receptionists were helpful. Ask for Douglas as he was just brilliant in ensuring your stay was perfect! Swimming pool was good with good opening times... Could happily stay here for a long time - felt like home after being there just 3 days!

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank ACO14
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your recent freedback of the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am pleased that you liked the Hotel, staff and facilities and hope that you visit again in the future.
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed over at this lovely hotel for 1 night on 21st June 2014. We had a party of 7 people staying over for a Hen Do. We received exceptional service from a lady named Jo, who provided us with lovely rooms at a great rate! The rooms were of a very high standard, spotless, great decor and in a brill central location. We also hired a conference room for a few hrs which Jo also arranged for us at very short notice which was a god send due to a last min venue cancellation. Breakfast was lovely and fresh. One negative thing is restaurant staff need more training on their menus as we ordered a few different dishes and the waitress had no idea what these were or that they were even on the menu! In the end she was gone for more than 10 mins to find out what the dishes were that we ordered so we went elsewhere. Overall id still give it 5/5 as it was ideal :) thanks guys

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank rosh_c_1986
Dear Guest
I am very pleased that your and your 'Hen Party' friends enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind feedback is very much appreciated. I have shared your restaurant comments with my Food & Beverage Manager and do apologise for the inconvenience on this occasion.
Thank you once again and I hope you visit again in the future.
West Midlands
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here while visiting Oxford for the weekend. Easy to find on the Peartree roundabout. We chose the hotel mainly because it's a 5 minute walk to the Park & Ride to get to Oxford. Good sized, modern rooms. Tea & coffee in the rooms. Had dinner in the restaurant and the food was lovely. Great breakfast - choice of cooked, cereals, continental, etc. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Didn't use the leisure facilities so can't comment on these. Only a couple of minor cons - there wasn't a safe in the room & wifi wasn't free so bear this n mind if it bothers you. A great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ZweiDrifters
Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive feedback following your visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am very pleased that you liked the Hotel, location and food in our Junction Restaurant.
I can confirm that as from 1st of July the Hotel goes live with free standard wifi to all IHG rewards Club, Gold and Platinum members.
Thank you again for your comments.
northampton
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have just returned from staying here for a week whilst my husband had open heart surgery. I had originally decided to stay in one of the town centre hotels but the prices were ridiculous and I knew I wouldn't be here most of the time. I have travelled the world and stay with my husband in five star hotels. If I am really honest I didn't expect much from a holiday inn. How wrong I was! My room on floor 4 was so quiet and I could sleep in the day when I had spent over 16 hours at my husbands bedside. I also returned late every night to the hotel and felt safe and supported. In the morning they booked my taxi for me and served room service to excellent standard at midnight. However....and it's a big however.....the staff here are amazing. They would not be out of place at the ritz. They are polite, friendly and supportive and go the extra mile. I was called to the hospital as an emergency and the front desk did their best to get me a taxi...when they couldn't a true angel....a fellow guest offered me a lift. I don't even remember her name but she was just simply amazing. Then my husband was discharged a day early. He was exhausted. I rang the hotel and explained I would need to check out but my husband would be I t he car. They arranged a check out by phone from the hospital, took my cases to reception, and carried them out to my car!! Enough said! Then.......I had sent some laundry which wasn't back. I didn't need stress but rang the next day. Today....my laundry arrived, posted to my home, nicely pressed and ready to wear.....you really couldn't get a better service anywhere. Thank you everyone....a very very traumatic time made bearable.......

Room Tip: Floor 4 is soooo quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank normajeanNorthampton
Dear Guest
I would like to thank you very much for your extremely complimentary review of the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am very pleased that you liked the Hotel and that we were able to be of assistance to you during your week's stay with us under difficult circumstances.
I do hope that your husband is recovering well from surgery and that when fully fit you can both visit again, when we would look forward to welcoming you back to Oxford.
Thank you once again for your feeedback.