“Sweet but not sour”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Sweet but not sour”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Warm welcome, good food, reasonable cost. Can thoroughly recommend. Service and décor good. Fairly extensive menu.

• Visited October 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Look nice but average”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Went in few weeks ago decoration nice, service ok but food average. Not really a lot to talk about, waiting staffs worked hard but food need improvement may be is not my taste or my cup of tea.

• Visited September 2013
Oxford, UK
“Not bad...but not great”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Oxford has so many wonderful Chinese restaurants - unfortunately Rosemary is not one of those. I have been on at least five occasions. The food is good and the service reasonable, but it is not outstanding! There have always been a number of Chinese people eating there which may lead one to believe that it is authentic Chinese food...who knows? Headington could do with a good Asian restaurant but unless it ups it's game...this one ain't it¬

• Visited June 2013
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to ea!!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

We called in here last night for seething to eat. We were greeted by very pleasant staff that welcomed us and showed us to a table.

We ordered drinks whilst we perused the menu-which had so many dishes on we were spoilt for choice! Decisions made we ordered our food.

When it arrived we were bowled over by the portions! And the food was gorgeous!

The waitress kept topping up our lemon water as we tucked into our meal.

The main course came and we enjoyed that as much.... Though we couldn't finish it due to size of portions!

Meal finished we had a liqueur whilst carried on chatting. There was no rush for us to vacate and always the waitresses were more than helpful and polite.

I read a previous review when back in our room Re the restaurant and I couldn't disagree more, either other reviewed went on a bad night -or we went on a good night....!

We were not disappointed!
Just full of yummy grub!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mandy P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service & horrible delivery service”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I really want to like this place, but the service has let me down terribly. As we are in Summertown, we generally call for delivery. Without fail, they manage to screw up each and every time. We've tried them 4 times now, & we won't be going back. Here's why:

1. Bad "free" delivery service: we were called by the driver & were told that the restaurant had only paid for half the fare, so he wanted us to pay the balance. Our order was £45 & we were told delivery was free- I called the restaurant & was told driver might ask for extra mileage- "maybe will be only £1 or £2" . I told her that was something she needed to work out with the driver- to which she responded by asking me to explain to driver! I had to reiterate that my order qualified for free delivery, & that she would have to do her job and sort things out with driver.

2. "Forgotten" free items: Free coke with order? Forget it! On the phone, they promise a free coke if your order is over £35- but then they "forget" to send it. The first time it happened , we dismissed it. 2nd time, we complained but let it go. 3rd time, we just sighed. 4th time - well, you get the picture. Same thing with sauces!

3. Order mishaps: ordered vegetarian soup/ delivered chicken version. Forgot entire rice dish. Ordered chicken satay/ sent mushroom only satay. They manage to screw something major each order. If you call, you just get told : "we're busy", "next time free prawn crackers", "will add correct dish on next order".... Ummm, with such bad service there won't be a next order!!!

The sad thing is that this could be such a great restaurant - but the service is just horrible.

• Visited April 2013