“Excellent, comfy, friendly B&B”

Diana's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 85 Oxford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Nestled behind a bush down a narrow Oxford cul-de-sac lies a gem of a B&B. Diana's! I stayed just one night here to get some peace and quiet before an interview the next day. Not only did I get peace (and the job!) but a fantastic night's sleep, great conversation and lovely food from Diana. Wi-fi worked perfectly, tv not so much but I think that was more a user error! Hot shower, lovely comfy bed, quiet and very convenient location. Excellent value for money, I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The B&B was very nice. It is a bit far away from the city center, and although there are a los of bus routes going/coming, it still felt a bit "disconnected". Diana is a great host and breakfast is nicely served, well prepared and full of interesting chats. I stayed in a room with the shared bathroom. The room was small but very comfortable and the bathroom was clean. I did miss availability of shower gel/ soap / shampoo.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed at Diana's for two weeks recently whilst looking for a permanent place to live. My room was lovely, and the house was very well located for easy bus travel into the centre. Diana was very welcoming and really made me feel a home, which made for an excellent start to my time in Oxford. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed here as a solo traveller for two nights in July 2013 whilst on a photographic visit to Oxford. Diana's is ideally placed for getting in and out of the city centre and is situated in a very nice area of Oxford. This B+B is very clean and comfortable complete with Wi-Fi plus a excellent breakfast. I intend to visit Oxford again in the near future and I hope to stay here again.The host is always ready to help in any way, I can highly recommend this establishment. I stay in many hotels and B+B establishments throughout the year and many could learn from the high standards of Diana's.
Thank you for making my stay such a lovely experience in a lovely city.

Room Tip: Visit Blenheim Palace while your there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank BrunoLancashireUK
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed at Diana's for 2 nights over the weekend. She is a lovely hostess, nothing is too much trouble. Lovely room with en-suite, clean and with everything you needed. As to breakfast, an amazing selection, and an ideal start to the day.
Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie L
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have stayed in several hotels in the Oxford area in the last few months and this was without doubt the best value for money I have received. I booked a double room with en suite which was on the top floor. Exceptionally clean and well appointed room. Lovely home cooked breakfast and welcoming landlady.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jackie E
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed at Diana's for a night at the end of June while in Oxford for the weekend. Diana was really welcoming and a great host during our stay.
We stayed in the Summertown room which was great with plenty of space. I would say that, unlike the previous reviewer, we had no issue with the orientation of the TV as it's on a wall bracket and you can simply pull it out and angle it as you need. The bed was really comfy and we had one of the best nights sleep on it of any B&B we've stayed at.
Breakfast was really good with a choice of cereals, juices, croissants, etc as well as the full English.
It was easy to park on the road outside where there are no charges, and there's a bus stop about 60 seconds away at the end of the road. Buses come past every 5-10 mins taking around 15 minutes to get into Oxford and coming back until late at night.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to return if we go back to Oxford.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple