“Home away from home.”

Ranked #16 of 82 Oxford B&B and Inns
Loxton, Australia
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Second visit to Dianas, Would never consider elsewhere. Made to feel at home and also Diana goes out of her way to be helpful in anyway.
Room very clean and comfortable with everything you need.
Very convenient to bus route to Oxford etc. not a far distance to walk.
Highly recommend however its a secret that I would like to keep just for myself so she is not overbooked when I want to go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sydney
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Diana is what makes this B&B stands out from the competition. You feel that you are really a house guest rather than a client. I very much enjoyed our chat at breakfast where she would ask you what you want and your plans for the day. She has great suggestions (I shld have taken up the idea to visit Blenheim Palace but that provides an excuse to return to lovely Oxford and this great B&B) and I enjoyed swapping travel reminisces with her. The single room I had was charming if on the small side, comes at a good price and very quiet. The wifi occasionally slows but I understand this is something common in Oxford buildings with thick walls. It is not an issue.

The one drawback is the location, being a good 10 to 15 mins from the city centre but the bus stops are nearby and the location is reflected in the price which is excellent for Oxford. It is unnecessary in my opinion to be based in the centre of Oxford.

All in all a great place to stay and I would def return on my next trip to Oxford ( which itself is a wonderful base for the surrounding country). I would rate this place 4.5 if that was an option!

• Stayed June 2014
Clarkesville, Georgia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This small B&B was exactly what we needed. Diane is helpful (and knowledgeable). We really enjoyed conversation with her in the breakfast room. Everything from restaurants suggestions to bus routine were very helpful to us.

Our room (Summertown) was quiet and we slept well.

Parking at the front door and access to the frequent busses made our travel into and out of Oxford easy.

We would certainly stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a brief visit to Oxford, and I must say Oxford is amazing. There was parking to the front and a friendly welcome when we arrived. We went to the room on the first floor with en-suite it was comfy and inviting. A pleasant place to rest after a hard day in the city. There was a bus stop at the end of the road and buses run every what seemed like 5 mins so getting to where you need to is easy. The breakfast was a real treat to perfectly cooked by the owner and a nice chance to chat to the other guests and get to know the owner a little. I would highly recommend a stay if you are in the area and will be returning again on our next visit.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thecroydonway
Diana D, Owner at Diana's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Whether its a short or longer stay I love having guests to stay and you were no exception. Best wishes, Diana
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Booked by e-mail, instant reply. Maps with exact location and other information also sent by e-mail. Clean tidy and warm room, Bed was just right,bathroom spotless. Breakfast was very good and plenty of time to enjoy it. Diana was very informative about Oxford centre and the bus stops just around the corner making a trip into the centre very easy. Good price and would stay here again .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank caseyjones2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at Diana's B&B in September, I booked a single room online and was impressed with the contact Diana made by email before my stay, sending directions and travel information as well as accommodating my arrival outside of her suggested check in times.
As it was my first time in Oxford I found the travel information very helpful! On arrival I was checked into a very comfortable room on the top floor. The room had tea and coffee making facilities, wifi and a tv. The shared bathroom was very clean and just across the landing, I never found I had to wait to use it although I was sharing with 2 other guests.
The breakfast was excellent with a range of cereals, yoghurts, pastries and full cooked breakfast. Diana would make anything you asked for!
Unfortunately I left a jacket in the wardrobe in my room but after emailing Diana to let her know she was kind enough to send it back to me.
Overall I would definitely recommend this B&B, I was made to feel very welcome and it's just a short bus ride to the University and centre of Oxford. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Oxford.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ToniaThomas
Knoxville
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Diana's for two nights in mid September. The room was comfortable and exactly what is needed. All our arranging via email with Diana was super friendly and personal, and very easy from the start. The breakfast was the absolute best thing about our stay and not just because of the delicious poached eggs and toast and home made yogurt and very nice tea, but because of Diana's company and conversation and the company and conversation of the other guests. It was very homey to sit and have breakfast together. The location is very convenient to Oxford town by bus, and very accessible to the train station by bus as well. I would most definitely stay at Diana's again next time. All around a very pleasant and easy experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business