Burlington House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewshomemade granolab bthe buscity centrebanbury roadprunessummertown shopsbreakfast was deliciouson arrivalbiscuitssmall hotelminute walknorth oxfordtop floorcomfortable beddouble roomfantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have had a wonderful stay at the Burlington House. Nes was an excellent host. The hotel is in the suburbs but it is very convenient to travel into the city centre. Buses come frequently through the day to the evening. There are restaurants and supermarkets nearby. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Breakfast is superb. Nes has done a great job looking after the guests. We highly recommend this hotel to travellers to Oxford.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shu-Ling Y
Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was a pleasure to stay at this place. Nes and his team work hard to make their guests comfortable. They are thoughtful and pay attention to detail, including running after me with a bottle of water when I left. Never happened to me before in the 40+ years I have been travelling!, both for business or pleasure. Breakfast was delicious, organic items, etc. in short, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid the single room which has a couple of steps leading, if you have a choice
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed in Oxford for four nights on our way to London. Nes, the GM, is warm, welcoming and hospitatable and the breakfast is plentiful, varied and delicious. The location is perfect -- a short bus ride into town and a five minute walk to Summertown where there are lots of restaurants and shopping. Even thought the B&B is on a main road, the room was quiet (on the small side but still ok). However, our teenage son had his own room and it was extremely hot, event with the fan. The place has no AC and both rooms got hot at night. We took side trips to Blenheim Palace (by bus) and a tour of Stonehenge and Salisbury from Oxford.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor. Two rooms. There is no elevator so we had to take our bags up ourselves.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GCubed48413
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the BH last Wednesday as I waited for the arrival of my baby daughter in the local hospital. Nes is the GM and could not have been more helpful, charming and a perfect host before and after I arrived after 10pm, when the hotel is officially closed. I stayed in room 11, which is in a small courtyard, and was really impressed with the decor, bed, linen and the bathroom. The fittings in the shower room were all top brand and the room was beautifully finished to a high standard. I slept so well in a really comfortable bed and quickly checked my phone to make sure i hadn't slept through my wife's calls and the baby's arrival !
The breakfast was a delight and Nes holds court so well in the breakfast room. I had an excellent English breakfast with good local produce and delicious bread.
Its a really lovely place to stay and so near to the vibrant Summertown so now you have no excuse when looking for a place to stay in Oxford.

Room Tip: i stayed in room 11, its a small double but beautifully furnished and perfect, based in the courtyard and it was lovely and not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed for two nights and couldn't fault anything, the breakfast certainly fills you up for the entire day, the bed was perfection, the standard of cleanliness was impeccable and Nes was the perfect host, he couldn't be more helpful and charming. Will definitely stay again and be recommending to everyone for a perfect getaway!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple