Newton House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$458
US$446
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$365
US$342
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$144
US$138
Official Site
US$178
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$109
PremierInn.com
US$137
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bcity centrefull englishbreakfast roomyogurtabingdon roadtea and coffee making facilitiestwin roomchrist churchvery pleasant staymain roadmin walkhome from homebus stopfamily roomshort staywithin easy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We were staying here for two nights and were a disappointed with the room we had. It was small with a small bathroom, however it was in a very good location with an easy walk into Oxford city. Our hosts were very easy to get along with. The breakfast was excellent. Whilst they do have on site parking it can be very tight

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank colin0235
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We enjoyed being able to walk into the city center from this hotel, and it was great that the hotel had a carpark, though small. Management was helpful and allowed us to keep our car for a few hours after checkout while we toured the Ashmolean Museum (always a hit with my family). The breakfast was quite good, and probably the highlight of our one-night stay there.

I must say, though, that this B&B was the least appealing of the four hotels we stayed in that week. Our rooms were clean but small and dark, and the decor in our double room was a little creepy--with a pink mohair coverlet on the bed and a huge japanese-lantern-style lamp above the bed. And (to my knowledge), there was no common area to just sign down and relax in. You're either in your room or you're having breakfast in the basement. It just wasn't a very comfy place and I would think it would be hard to spend any amount of time there.

Room Tip: No lift, so be sure you can carry your bags yourself if you get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MargaretVirginia_USA
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and myself had a lovely time here. The staff was helpful on arrival. We had arrived early, so we left our luggage at the b&b and set off to town centre. On return to the hotel, later in the eveing we could not wait to hit the bed. The rooms were cozy which resulted in a good nights sleep. Clean and hygienic. Breakfast was really good. Hospitality of team was lovely. It is a 10 mins walk to the city centre which is not a problem, helped me burn my calories. There is a convenience store right outside. On route to the city centre there are 4 restaurants and pubs which also provide punting, motor boat experience etc. To summarise, I recommend this b&b.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmarK332
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This place is simple and decent. It's a bit far down the road away from city center. You will have further to walk but there are no crowds of tourists. Two nice pubs nearby. Room was clean and nicely appointed. The breakfast was huge.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at the Newton House on a business trip. Unfortunately I found the B&B to be quite run down, especially in the communal areas. The bathroom was modern and clean but the bedroom was full of old furniture and smelled a bit musty. If you do stay here ask for a room at the back as it is on a main road without double glazing. The staff were mostly friendly and the guy who greets you and shows you your room is very kind but my requests to meet an allergy I have at breakfast was not met despite being provided at time of booking and it was difficult to order an alternative as there is no breakfast menu. The breakfast mentioned on their website wasn't what was available. Inconsistent unfortunately and in need of some TLC and a bigger breakfast room so all the guests can sit down! However the location is great. If you can get a cheap deal on this B&B, then I don't think you would be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business