“We've been staying here for nearly 20 years .....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bath Place Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oxford
Bath Place Hotel
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Tenants Harbor, Maine, United States
“We've been staying here for nearly 20 years .....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

..... and will definitely come back. Bath Place Hotel is a jumbled set of 17th C buildings on a tiny cobbled lane off Holywell Street, right around the corner from the Bodleian and everything else you'll want to do in Oxford. It's clean, charming, and well-run, with a great breakfast buffet and free wifi. Some of the rooms are small; some of the stairs are steep; if this bothers you, you'll be unhappy. But if you love to stay in quaint, unique, old places, you'll love Bath Place as much as we do. Parking is available nearby for a price and farther away for free. We chose free and enjoyed the walk (about 3 blocks).

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I really like this old building and the fancy interior decoration very much. Recently a lot of hotels in UK underwent heavy refurbishment and changed into boring modern places. However, Bath Place Hotel continues to keep traditional taste and modern necessity at the same time. It is true that the building is small and if you take a room upstairs you have to climb up the stairs, but it is the way the building was constructed and perhaps altered in the long history. I do admire the way it is. Therefore, although the room I occupied was a small studio, I was satisfied with the room, the bathroom and all. The large, soft bead was especially comfortable. The dining room where I had breakfast, the lounge where I checked my emails had nice and cosy atmosphere.

Of course, the staff are very helpful and kind and I was pleased with their assistance. They helped me out to carry my luggage with smile. I had an impression that they were working hard to make this hotel pleasant and attractive to the customers.

As I had to do some business in the university library, this hotel has the ideal, perfect location. There are other places which have traditional settings and modern convenience, but they are much more expensive; there are other hotels which have modern facilities at similar rates, but they are simply function-oriented and blunt. This hotel is just fit for my preference. I will definitely come back again, hoping it will not change.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pompador
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a very charming hotel with a perfect location, quiet in a little alley right in the center of Oxford. Right beside a really nice pub with large beergarden, noisy but it closes around 11 pm so it is quiet at night. The hotel has really quaint rooms, all individually decorated. The house is like 400 years old with tilting floors and we absolutely loved it. The beds are ok, not too hard, the staff was very helpful and the breakfast had everything we wanted. We will definitely stay at Bath place hotel whenever we come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Worthing, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Rude unhelpful staff , charged me £1 for a city map !!! free at Tourist info in city centre! dirty room , tatty bathroom, very noisy and absurdly expensive for what you dont get! Breakfast was well up for a Fawlty Towers award ! enough said I will never darken this dump again !

Room Tip: book another hotel!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
8 Thank George R

Travellers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had an extra person at very late notice when most of Oxford was full. The staff at Bath Place Hotel were extrordinarily helpful in accomodating us and finding room. The hotel is close to whatever you might want to do in Oxford. Breakfast was excellent and there are many resturants and bars nearby. The rooms are small but comfortable and full of old world character. Reading about the history of the place and the famous people who have stayed there added to the charm. This is not a large characterless hotel with all the sterile mod cons. It is a comfortable and friendly hotel - more like a B&B.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This lovely little hotel is a gem of a place tucked neatly away in a cobbled cul-de-sac . Centrally located - and with a fantastic pub/beer garden just next door, it is a perfect base from which to explore Oxford. If you expect all mod cons and chrome-plated facilites then go somewhere esle but if you want eccentric charm, comfort and the most delightful staff we have encountered for a very long tome, then you will love the Bath Place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brindleyej
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Upon our arrival, which was a long standing booking and paid for in advance, we were shown to our small, rather tatty room. The pleasant girl who took us up opened the door with a flourish and announced quite cheerfully, 'And this is your bathroom. The bath cannot be used however as the spring loaded plug is broken.' 'Is there a shower?' I asked, 'No.' she replied. 'Just a shower mixer tap. But there is no hook on the wall and no shower curtain, so you have to sit in the bath and get showered that way.' I was aghast. ' Is there a deduction in the room rate for this room with no working bathroom? I asked . 'No', she said pleasantly. I asked how long the room had been like this, she replied 'Oh ages, no other guests have minded.' I minded.
The price of this small and shabby room with no real means of washing (the hand basin was minuscule) was £125.00 per night. This rate included the skimpiest continental breakfast imaginable, not even a glass of orange juice. I made a quiet, but determined, fuss. They fixed the plug. The reason I am so appalled is that they were happy to let a room with no proper means of bathing, and at such a ridiculously inflated price.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a fully functioning bathroom and avoid room 7. The repair looked pretty temporary.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple