“Back again William S”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bath Place Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oxford
Bath Place Hotel
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Back again William S”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My third stay at The Bath Place Hotel visiting grandchildren in Oxford. I love the atmosphere and the location. My only problem is that at my age ( 83) I found shifting luggage round the narrow staircases rather a problem, but this was rapidly sorted by the particularly friendly and helpful staff., and after all the quirky architecture is one of the great charms of the place Certainly The Bath Place Hotel will be my first choice again on my next visit to Oxford.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife & I + dog stayed here recently on the occasion of a college Gaudi dinner. It is excellent - full of history & character, pleasant & professional staff. Parking just down the road. Definitely the best place we have ever found to stay in Oxford.

Bagshot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Down a small street in Oxford is an escape from the hustle and bustle of 20th century life, the Bath Place Hotel. I was in the old hay-loft and it was just what I needed after a long day of meetings. The room was clean, well-equipped (even a mini-bar!) and the bed luxurious. The city centre was within walking distance and each evening I was able to wander around and still find my way back to the hotel very easily. Breakfast was a complimentary continental buffet, or for a very reasonable price a cooked one. I also liked the paid for carpark, which is close by and takes out the hassle of trying to find a space in what is a very expensive city to park in.

Room Tip: Room 1 (the hay loft) is opposite the Turf Tavern which is a student haunt, but I heard very little...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Legionella88
Slough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

On the morning of our stay I was called to hospital where I was told my elderly mum may not have long to live. That evening my husband called the hotel to advise that we obviously could not make our weekend break. The hotels cancellation policy took effect where they would take the entire payment. They did offer a rebooking option within 4 weeks of our original stay but with our circumstances this was unrealistic. We offered to make full payment immediately for the weekend of 9th/10th May but this was unacceptable to them. Its a shame that my money is so important to them. DISGUSTING !

5 Thank 154Roy

Travellers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Really pleased with this little find, which is like a posh version of the Hotel Henry IV in Paris back in the 1980s. Fabulous location, wonderfully unspoilt, affordable, quirky, old. OK, some floors aren't even, some of the stairs are vertiginous, the furniture isn't brand new. But the service is lovely, the paid-for car parking is amazingly convenient for central oxford. We weren't bothered by the noise from the Turf, and it was a joy to be right in the centre of this beautiful city. So much more character than most hotels.

1 Thank DeTrev
Hindhead, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We booked the Bath Place Hotel as it was the closest B&B to Wadham College where we were celebrating my father's 90th birthday. Parking is complimentary but about a good 10 minute walk away. The room was old but clean. All facilities included. A pity about the smell of stale smoke from the bar outside below. Bed comfortable. The buffet breakfast was most acceptable with some cereals, plain or fruit yoghurt in a bowl and cheese and ham to choose. Hot freshly baked croissants and bread rolls with jam. Options for a cooked breakfast was expensive £5 for bacon! The complimentary breakfast was plenty enough anyway. Good to be in the centre of the town with the student atmosphere. Ideal to spend an extra night to explore but this would have been expensive.

Room Tip: We had room 11, king size and we had one extra bed for our son, it advertises to cater for two extra...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Mid Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was my second visit.

The hotel is an old building so has some uneven flooring and difficult staircases. The heating seems erratic; I was a little cold on my first visit but had to sleep with the window open on my second. Both visits were in winter. However, the rooms are comfortable.

Cooked breakfast is an optional extra which I have not sampled. The inclusive continental breakfast is good but not excellent. I enjoyed the meats and cheese but there was steamed bread for the toast and indifferent coffee.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple