“staff entering room whilst still in bed to place next guests bags on other bed, not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Euro Bar

Euro Bar
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The staff were friendly at least initially, I arrived late and they showed me to a room. The room was pretty basic, not worth the 85 quid i was charged for it, but it was clean and had everything I needed. The noise from the bus station outside was pretty bad, but not a massive problem. My main complaint was one of the staff busting into my room at 10:30 the next morning, using his keys to unlock the door whilst I was still in bed, half dressed. He threw a pair of bags onto the other bed in the room and told me I had to leave as apparently someone else had the room. I was told check out was by 11am, and the sign on the wall clearly stated this. He seemed amused that I was still in bed (I work nights, didn't get to sleep until 4am) and didn't seem to care that I supposedly had the room for another half an hour. Was an effort to persuade him to get out of the room so I could actually get dressed, whilst some impatient eastern european middle aged couple tutted and waited outside the room. In short, basic and overpriced but comfortable and clean room, spoiled by the ridiculous encounter described above.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ben H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Euro Bar fit the bill for our stay in Oxford. We really just needed a clean bed to sleep in, having many other things to do during our time here. We stayed at the Euro Bar for one night in March. The location was perfect, being just walking distance to everything. We arrived in Oxford at 9:30 am and the staff at Euro Bar agreed to store our bags for free until the evening when we returned to check in. As there is no left luggage service at the Oxford Train Station this was much appreciated. When we returned in the evening the bar was filling up and was quite noisy but our room was on the VERY top floor so the noise was no longer an issue. Yes the stairs are steep and there is no elevator, but for a fairly fit and healthy couple it was not really an issue. Our room was pleasant and clean and the toilet/shower were directly next door in the hall. We did hear quite a bit of street noise in the middle of the night when the bars closed but this didn't bother us overly much. In the morning we were expecting a run of the mill continental breakfast and were pleasantly surprised with both continental options and a full cooked English breakfast. The customer service at Euro Bar was excellent
and every staff member we encountered as friendly and happy to be of assistance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Oxford, Regno Unito
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Brilliant Hotel for Business people, wonderful location convenient access to everywhere in oxford, friendly and helpful staff , very nice and relaxing atmosphere in the bar under new management, comfortable big rooms, Definitely will return and stay here again! Alex

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank MassimoTenaglia
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Eurobar new look and decor definitely reflects the change in management. The service cannot be faulted nor the breakfast.
Sports lovers will love the sports bar attached to the hotel with 3 D televisions and bit screens with projector.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise but the bar stops the music after midnight so doesnt really matter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Dirty paintwork. Dirty toilet - not the cleaning ladies fault, it's just very run down. The wallpaper is peeling, the TV just doesn't work. The beds are ok and the linen is all clean. It's really noisy because it's over a bar, and not a classy bar, a bar. The WiFi kinda works depending on where you stand.

Whoever runs this place really doesn't care about their guests. They just want to make money. It was more expensive than some really nice places very slightly further out. I really regret not staying in them instead.

Do not stay here. Just don't.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marty B

Travellers are raving about these Oxford hotels

London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I wasn't expecting much as I had read the reviews here before staying in this hotel, but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt anyway. Within half hour of having checked into the room, I hear someone trying their keys on my room door. I open the door and there's a couple, who had also just checked in, holding another set of keys to my room. Apologies, no hard feelings. Bla bla bla Couple goes back to reception and gets a different room. Later in the evening, I get a call from who I believe is the manager asking my name and when i had checked in. Turns out I had been given the wrong room keys. Apologies, no hard feelings. Room is cozy and warm, with closet and drawers, tea and coffee facilities, good working toilet. Room is right over the hotel's bar, so you hear the noise and music until midnight and then it's quiet. Breakfast until 10 is decent. Staff is quite nice. Second night I had no wifi access in my room, but was too tired to report it. Young people were right outside the bar until about 2/3am being loud, which is not the hotel's fault, but still ruined my night's sleep. Overall, the hotel is good for crashing for the night or weekend and has a killer location near the high street and the coach station. But if you like quiet I suggest you stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for one on a higher floor to avoid bar's noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diana C
Los Angeles, California, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at the eurobar based on its location right next to Gloucester Green and for the room rate. My room was clean but run down like the accommodation in general. The furniture was kind of beaten up, the door handle came off the bathroom door, the curtain fell down and it was noisy at night not from the bar or other guests but some kind of compressor going off repeatedly under my window. Staff were helpful and the basic tea and coffee in the room, free WiFi and included breakfast was ok. If you just need someplace central to crash for cheap this place would work for you. If you want more comfort spend a little more on a higher star place.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends