“As b&b's go this one is of good standard”

All Seasons Guest House
Ranked #43 of 45 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed early in the new year in a twin room. Check in was efficient and we were able to leave our car on site a little longer than our stay which was welcome.
Room was comfortable, although bathroom very cramped. More towels would have been good.
Location is good for hospital and on local bus routes to Oxford centre.
Breakfast was nice although stopped quite early.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed 19 November 2012

did a last minute booking
the place is ok if you were to spend half the charge
big rooms with good wifi..
but not so clean and the receptionists no so kind.
the location is fair pretty close to the center.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Axel L
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I just could not wait to get out of this place! This was the worst room I've stayed in in years.

PRO: The lady who runs the place is very nice, and offered to carry our luggage, and provided us with maps.

CONS: The whole place needed a really good clean. I've stayed in cleaner/better youth hostels.

I was staying in a downstairs room, next to the little waiting room. I guess this bedroom will be renovated at some point - as my friend was staying in a room with wooden floors compared to the grotty carpet in my room - but I think there needs to be a change of attitude with regards to cleanliness. And there were still big flaws with my friend's room.

While I could tell that my sheets had been washed, there was just a musty smell to them.

The furniture was horrendous and the towels... well, I'd be embarrassed if I gave them to someone to use. They didn't look like they'd been cleaned at a high temperature; I think my towel was supposed to have a white pattern on but it had turned grey...

There were thick layers of dirt and dust throughout the B & B - in the waiting room, and in my friend's room, too. There was mould in my friend's room. And my shower was one where the water takes ages to drain so you're standing in a pool of water.

I had a terrible night's sleep because I felt so uncomfortable. The musty smell on the bed was too much and the whole room was too depressing.

I think that a good hotel/B&B should make it seem as if no-one else had stayed there before - but in my room there was a half-filled and torn box of Kleenex tissues, my friend's room had just half a toilet roll left.

While the woman who runs it is nice, it is clear that whoever manages this place can't look at the broader picture/cleanliness as a whole. The whole place needs to be cleaned thoroughly - and regularly. It also needs a good lick of paint and the decor needs to be looked at/done with more taste. I didn't even want to sit in the chair in my room, it looked so grotty!

I paid £65 for one night, but as it was out of town, I spent more on taxis/buses. It was not worth the price.

I didn't have breakfast as I couldn't face it.

A friend of a friend booked this for us - so it was a rare occasion that I didn't look on Tripadvisor first. I have learnt my lesson!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank DawnieNYC
Reviewed 16 September 2012

From the outset this place was a disaster, the room decor is dated, the cleanliness is shocking and the breakfast disgraceful. Won't be staying here again in a hurry.

It's a real shame as there is a captive audience with the hospital and Oxford nearby. I was on a course at the hospital and this was the closest B&B, one of the other attendees stayed in a B&B just up the road which was much nicer and boasted a 100% occupancy rate.

With a lot of effort this place could be the same.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bristle_Flyer
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Staying at the bed and breakfast is a nice experience given that it is our first time to visit oxfordshire. My family attended a wedding on the 19 of August and our friends recommended this guest house since it is near on the wedding venue. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a welcoming lady and insisted to help me with our luggages. She knows the place where we are attending the wedding and give us information how to reach the place, also she informed me that i can use their parking area until 4pm the following day given that we have already checkout, which is for us is very helpful.The breakfast was nicely done and really big. You can actually have cereals while waiting for the cooked breakfast. We booked 2 rooms and i was surprised the other room is not on the same building it was on a garage, even it is clean and nicely decorated i was bothered since my children is staying there. The lady who greeted me assured that it is safe and a 24 hr staff is present in the area. Overall, the experience is wonderful less the room in the garage.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed at All Seasons Guest house for 2 nights for a wedding.
When we arrived the lady couldn't wait for us to pay for our rooms and now I know why. If I had know what we were letting ourselves in for we would have run a mile!

Our en suite double room was nice enough, even tho there was a dirty pillow case in the sink when we arrived but didn't think much of it

When we arrived for our breakfast, all the tables were dirty. We took some dirty plates to the kitchen to indicate we had arrived but still no one came to tidy a table for us. In the end, I had to do it myself. I managed to find some clean cups and cutlery under a trolley in the dinning room. Eventually a women took our order. We were served a full English breakfast and on my first bite it was freezing cold! It was colder than room temperature! At this point I'm pretty angry and appalled at this service. We approached the lady to tell her our breakfast was cold but she just ignored us. On our second try she approached us, said nothing and took our plates. The women didn't even apologies or attempt to cook us another breakfast. The attitude was disgusting and never have I experienced such poor poor service. For £85 per night you as least expect an edible breakfast. Words don't discribe of how terrible this b&b was. As you can tell, we didn't attend breakfast the next day.

I'm not one to moan but I was so digested at how we was treated. If I have put people off going here then this review has been worthwhile.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Jaybird2000
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This is a simple B&B with easy bus access to the city centre (about 15 mins). The hosts were very helpful when I asked for a ground floor room due to a damaged knee. My room was clean and tidy. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business