All Seasons Guest House
Dial House(Oxford)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our experience of this guest house was pleasant with an understanding and amenable owner. Despite having to cancel at the last moment we were not charged so would certainly consider staying here if in Oxford again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is a beautiful victorian property in the heart of Oxford's university quarter. The owner and staff are very polite, pleasant and helpful. The rooms are tidy, well laid out with several in-room services and clean. The breakfast service is of a good standard and the owner and staff offer every assistance wherever possible with regards to Oxford's day/night life. Overall value for money service received from the guesthouse is exceptional.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are spacious and very well laid out with good nosie reduction.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The owner is downright rude and greedy (she wanted to add the credit card charge twice, because we stayed to nights and when the card machine didn't work, she wanted us to give her the little cash we had - we had just arrived - and pay the rest later). I don't blame the poor women who does all the actual work for the room being not quite clean because the owner doesn't lift a finger while the cleaning lady is there doing everything alone (washing, cleaning, breakfast, house-sitting if the owner is out - without knowing when the owner will be back) from 7 in the morning until at least half 8 in the evening. Furthermore, there are no secure locks on any doors - the outer door of the garden house had no lock at all and the key to the door of our room was a key of that type that you use to lock doors of individual rooms of your house (in fact, it was even simpler as that). The door could have easily been forced open. The breakfast wasn't good at all, but again, I don't blame the lady who cooked it because she has to cook it all alone for 10 guests at once, so it's bound to be not cooked through (in case of the bacon) or overcooked (in case of the beans).

Room Tip: Don't come here at all.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank msplumps
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Forget all about charming bed and breakfast; this is a partly worn down house run by people that cant possible take any pride in the quality they deliver. There were no personal service just a request for payment the minute you step in. The breakfast was low quality products and they couldn't even toast But at least is was clean. I'll not come back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lars C
Reviewed 23 July 2013

the guest house is oke poor location. it's a long walk to Oxford. the hostess was very rude. she didn't speak proper English. And directly asked for the money. And she wanted it directly!!!. I wanted to pay with card but the machine didn't work, So she wanted cash right then. I didn't have enough cash in my pocket so I paid her 150 ponds and paid the rest later. she directly stepped in her car with the money and drove away. I was like ??? are you kidding me!!!. at my last morning I was thinking why would I pay the rest of the money. But as I am one of those fair people. I paid it any way. I will never stay there again. Next time I will find my self one of the truly English b&b's with the British standards of etiquettes. the man that served the breakfast is excluded from this he was very nice indeed. and had proper manners.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo