“A very unhelpful and disappointing attitude”

Mulberry Accommodation
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
Mulberry Accommodation
Ranked #24 of 85 Oxford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My father in law was very ill and we were told by the Churchill Hospital staff that he was due to be operated on either that night (1st June) or the next morning. We waited and as it did not appear likely the operation would take place that night we decided to book a bed and breakfast. I explained the situation to the Mulberry B&B and they advised they had two rooms available which we then reserved. Unfortunately at 10pm the hospital decided they would carry out the operation and as it was very serious we were unable to leave to pick up the keys from the B&B and I called to advise them we would have to cancel. It was a terribly upsetting time and I was very disappointed to be told over the phone that 'we are a business and not a charity' and would still be charged for the rooms. Please bear in mind that the rooms were only booked at around 6pm that evening and so were likely to have remained empty if we had not reserved them. It was very disappointing to hear such harsh words at such an upsetting time (which the B&B were aware of) and I actually put the phone down in tears. Although I cannot comment on the rooms etc I can comment on the very unsympathetic and upsetting attitude of the owners.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank missd187058

Reviewed 24 June 2011

My wife and I stayed in a double room with en-suite. The room was not huge but adequate, it had everything we needed and was spotlessly clean. They even had free wi-fi internet access, which you don't always get in a B&B.

The location is on the main Headington Road, easy to get to from the motorway and with ample off road parking. The owner, Gordon, was very helpful. We were given front door keys to "come and go as you please" which was good because we knew we would be out until after midnight.

Breakfast was a traditional full English and was delicious, let down only slightly by the suasages which were rather average. There was also a choice of cereals. Service was quick and very attentive.

All in all good value and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gwynee
Reviewed 23 February 2010

This little guest house suited my needs very well. It was clean, well appointed and comfortable. The owners were very helpful and as a non smoker it was nice to have a room which was fresh. The shower was lovely and hot. The English breakfast was very tasty.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank CossyWombat
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We stayed in the self catering house as our son was having an operation at a local hospital. The owners were very kind and helpful advising us of all local amenities and facilities. We could not find a more perfect place to relax in the evening after hospital visiting. There was no problem with our son staying with us before and after his operation and the owners always enquired on his welfare and our needs without being intrusive. I would not hesitate to stay again or recommend a stay here. If we need to return we hope we can go back!! Ignore any negative reviews, people need to understand that these people are running a business and in this day and age have to be cautious and protect themselves. We found them and their property to be perfect.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank sheilaE
Reviewed 1 August 2009

My family stayed in the self catering house for a week. It was the perfect location for our trips to London as the bus route was right outside the house, and also we were in close proximity to shops, etc.. Oxford was only a short bus ride away. The house was very clean and very well equipped. The garden, etc was kept in very good condition. We had everything we needed to hand. On arrival Gordon, the owner, showed us around the house and explained where everything was. We were delighted with our choice of house and would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank poppyDublinIreland
Reviewed 27 July 2008

When I arrived in the UK to take up a long term contract to work I needed somewhere quiet, reasonable and on a good bus route to get to work and also to explore longer term accommodation options. (Also a place that provided vegetarian options for breakfast). Mulberry Guest house had all these features and more. The proprietors were very kind and helpfully provided me with tips and guidelines that helped me to find my way around Oxford as well as concerning different residential areas and shopping options. I extended my stay while my more permanent accommodation was being completed and consider that I was most fortunate to start my Oxford, UK stay in such a pleasant and convenient place. I moved to more permanent accommodation a few blocks from the guest house as the area is conveniently situated for the regular bus service to town as well as to London and Heathrow as well as being well supplied with the Headington shops a couple of blocks away. My room was small - as is usual in the UK - but clean, neat and well kept with its own shower and toilet. Oh, and though it is located on a busy road the double glazing means that it is extremely quiet.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Safaria
Reviewed 23 July 2008

The only B&B in six weeks of tavel that wanted payment up front, Not as friendly as we had hoped. Twin room, but no ensuite. Expensive. Quite a way out of town, on road to London. OK breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank BIGTEZ