“This is your next Cotswold day tour!”
Review of Cotswold Roaming - CLOSED

Cotswold Roaming
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I won't make this into a big review, I'll get straight to the point -

If you are looking for a day tour of the Cotswolds out of Oxford these are the people to go with. Philip is a delight, and knows his stuff. He is very enthusiastic and his heart is really in it. I was on the 16 seat mini-bus with 11 others. It was a real treat. I would highly recommend this tour and the prices are good. Simple.

Get on their website for information and how to book. I called them and then dealt with them via email. Philip is prompt and organized. Good price too, £45 for an entire day touring the quaint and glorious Cotswolds. I would use them again.

3  Thank pixie1

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Our guide, Philip, was wonderful! My daughter and I met him in Oxford, where the tour began. He kindly gave us very specific directions on how to take the train from London, which was about a 90 minute ride. There were 12 people on our tour, which enabled our small bus to travel to various small villages where we not confronted with the large busses and the tour groups they carry. Philip was very informative, witty and entertaining. Our half-day tour was perfect. The Cotswolds were absolutely beautiful and a tranquil relief from busy London. The tour was also a great value at 30 pounds per person. I highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank Beverly M
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I knew I wanted to see the Cotswolds on my two-week trip through most of England. The tour guide was very nice and knew his stuff! The company is ran by one individual which makes the experience much more personal. He was able to recommend restaurant options on each stop and knew every corner of every small town we went through. I loved it and would do it again! Such a beautiful place!

2  Thank wachessor
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I am 4 months late in my trip reporting, but here it goes. My son and I were on the July 9th Cotswold tour with Phil that was mentioned a few reviews back. Ours was the full day tour with a stop in Woodstock and Blenheim Palace before he retrieved the rest of the half day tour, yes in the midst of an Olympic torch running event. Phil brought us to places that I never would have thought of or known how to get to including Winston Churchill's grave, and a Cotswold manor ruins with a fascinating back story. But the specific shout out to Phil that I want to give, is regarding a personal favor he did. We really wanted to attend that evenings Olympic Torch event - which I was disappointed to find out was only open to folks who live in Oxford. When Phil found out we wanted to go, he actually gave my son and I his own tickets (as he was not going). What a generous surprise!! Once we finally got to the stage with the torch (about a 45 minute mad dash from where he dropped us off)... they were extinguishing it. Other than the torch lighting (er, extinguishing) the event was not that exciting, and we could understand why Phil didn't want to go : ) . It would have been a total bummer, but on the way out, we ran into one of the torch runners who kindly let my son pose for a photo holding her torch. The evening was saved. Anyway, the point is that Philip went above and beyond the call of duty by presenting us with this opportunity. It was an exhausting, but memorable day, thanks to him.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We had a lovely day with Phill and 5 others in his van touring the Cotswolds. We took the train from Paddington around 830 am and arrived in Oxford an hour later and after a 10 minute walk we met Cotswold Roaming at the designated meeting place. We were driven all day through the country with 5 stops in various Cotswold villages.I would say that 3 stops would be plenty since they start to feel the same. I loved hearing the history from Phil and the views are amazing. It is a pleasure to not be on a big tour bus out of London to do this trip. It is a much better idea to join a small tour out of Oxford. We were back in London before 7 pm and happy with our day in the Cotswolds. Well done.

3  Thank october2006Italy