“Truly awful - choose the car!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Oxford

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ramada Oxford
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
United Kingdom
“Truly awful - choose the car!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Best bit was the lovely receptionist! Having dropped our daughter in Bath we set off through the Cotswolds not realising you need to book in advance at weekends. No accommodation available and recommended Oxford. No room at any inns as Graduation weekend - then we happened upon the Days Inn. Desperate for food and sleep we took the last room. The receptionist recommended next door for eating so off we went. Truly awful - back to hotel which absolutely stunk of what we think was cleaning fluids. O.K. it was c£70 room only so you don't expect a huge amount but it was awful - uncomfortable beds, poor quality towels, lovely light stream through the curtains and freezing cold. We have often stayed at Days in the States and these are o.k. - can only assume the the UK version are run as a franchise. Recommendation: run for the hills!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank bouncydog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
West Sussex UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Ok its not the ritz but I was pleasantly surprised by the Days Inn. I have now stayed there 4 times over the last 3 weeks
The rooms are a little tired but spotlessly clean and as its on a road off the motorway and not right on the motorway itself its fairly quiet ( ok a little noise from the car park but that usually dies right down during the night)
Its right next to a nice service area with Waitrose , WHSmith , Starbucks , KFC and Burger King - as well as a few other stores.
The free WIFI included is very fast and reliable and can be used both in the restaurants and the hotel room
Beds are comfortable and there is plenty of room. I never thought I would want to stay regularly at a 'motorway inn' but there is everything I need here and as a female lone traveller I feel very safe here.
Staff in my experience have been friendly and efficient and I have had no problems.
Basically - good cheap no frills accommodation and very quiet considering its location

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

It is in excelent location as it is in service stop next to M40. All amenities eg resturents, wh smith news agent, wetrose outlets, kfc, burguer king, costo coffe, etc, within same campase. Parking facililities are good. We had to attend a professional conference nearby a mile away. So we choosed this location and visited oxford city next day. Amenities from hotel are reasonable for executive room, not excelent.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Stockport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

Stayed for one night whilst visiteing Oxford. Booked it on their tenth anniversary promotion for £10 which represented very good value but would not be if paying full price. It is in a very convenient location being just off the M40 motorway (located within tha service area) and only five minutes from the Oxford park and ride. You do get free parking in the car park.
The room was a good size with everything you need for an overnight stay. The bathroom was spacious and clean.
Breakfast could be purchased at the hotel but we found a beefeater restaurant a couple of minutes away where we ate dinner and breakfast at a reasonable cost.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay but no longer.

Room Tip: There is no lift in the hotel and no porter so if you have walking difficulties as for a ground floo...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank trelynn
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

The room itself was ok and fitted my purpose which was a place to lay my head after a work's function - that's the good part.
The bad part was that unfortunately I left a couple of things behind when I checked out including an expensive electri toothbrush costing over £100. The problem is despite the fact that I called immediately I got home and before another guest had occupied the room I was told nothing was found. I knew exactly where I had left it in the room so this could not be possible. I was also treated with some disdain by the hotel manager who I was promised would look into a complaint promptly if I e-mailed him - he ignored me for over 2 weeks and only eventually replied after I reported the incident to the police.
The problem is the lack of responsibility, hiding behind procedures and a lack of courtesy and respect for the customer. The fact that these hotels are independent business also meant that Days Inn corporate were simply not interested in helping me.
Sadly I am resorting to writing this review to share my experience to warn others of the dangers here when dealt with in a different manner could have resulted in a more positive experience despite the problems.
I would not recommend this hotel purely as they cannot safegaurd your belongings and then don't accept responsibility and treat customers poorly in the process.
I would run for the hills if I were you...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Garforth3

Travellers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Guilsfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

I sometimes wonder what people expect from budget hotels. We stayed two nights at the beginning of June on the way to Sussex and back from Mid Wales. We paid £85 for a double room which would have slept three comfortably and found the room to be clean, comfy with everything we needed. No problems with tv, mobile phone signal and there was free Internet access for my lap top. Staff were helpful and friendly. Great for access to Oxford as park and ride down the road, easy access to London on the Oxford tube and motorway access good. Would definitely stay again. janey42

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janey42
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

We were looking for a cheap place to stay in the heart of Oxford. The booking website we used said this hotel was 6 miles outside of the city, which didn't seem too bad. When we finally arrived, we realized how small Oxford is and how far away the hotel actually was (it was in Wheatley despite the Days Inn Oxford name). It ended up working out, and we could take a 30-minute bus into Oxford. We booked a room for 4, and had a double-size bed with a couch, so it was a little crammed. You can't beat the price though if you're willing to be far from the city center. The rooms themselves were decent, and there was a big Welcome Center right next door with some quick places to eat.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends