“As good as a Premier Inn gets”

Premier Inn Oxford Hotel
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
London, United Kingdom
“As good as a Premier Inn gets”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed, nice breakfast :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Berkshire
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This is my first experience of a Premier Inn and to be honest I only booked it because the city centre hotels were so expensive.

The hotel was very clean and the reception staff were very friendly. The bedroom and bathroom were also spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was at the beefeater next door which we pre booked and the food was fresh, hot and plentiful.

Free on site parking is a bonus and a taxi to the city centre costs about £7. I would definitely stay here again rather than paying over the odds for a city hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank M68
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 19 July 2011

As always; clean basic facilities, friendly helpful staff. My particular room was starting to show signs of looking well used. The location is opposite the modern BMW Mini factory on a busy main road, so its not a quiet location for a non business type stay. Room prices seem to vary wildly and my £82 a night inc breakfast seemed rather high. But the price of £12 for 24 hrs of internet access at this location is disgracfull in this day & age, it should be free. Needless to say, I went without internet.
Resturant good, breakfast excellent.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I stayed here with my family for one night for my sisters graduation in May this year. The room was supposed to be a twin, however the 'twin' room that we were allocated had a double bed and then a small single bed which on further inspection was more like a camp bed!
We had a drink in the bar area, which is nice and had a friendly feeling to it. The breakfast was good too, plenty of choice even with the continental option - nothing to complain about there.
However my day was ruined by a faulty hairdryer which burnt a big chunk of my hair off after using it for literally 5 seconds - beware of the hairdryers!! I usually take my own but I decided not to on this occasion..won't make that mistake again. I did notify the reception when we checked out but they did nothing to try and placate me...they just said 'oh dear' or words to that effect. Great customer service.. My hair is now growing back and as a result I have an horribly unattractive 'tuft' on the top of my head. Thanks Premier Inn!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lilo_Heaven
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2011

we had an excellent stay with a surprisingly good evenning meal, with very good value wine less than£10 a bottle. I would stay there again

Room Tip: my room and my families were fine, they were all double glazed and seemed fine.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Birmingham England
Reviewed 4 July 2011

When we arrived we were checked in quick enough we were asked if we wanted to book evening meal or breakfast. No mention of the money back good night satisfaction guarantee though? Probably something to do with the fact the hotel is on the main road and right next to the motorway which is raised?

Our room was upto the usual Premier Inn standard. The bed was comfortable plenty of pillows and clean. The bathroom plenty of clean towels and the soap dispensers were full which makes a change! The only let down with the room was it was too hot and the plug in fan was not enough so the only option was to open the window. Its one of those situations swelter with the windows shut to block the noise or be cool and then cant sleep because of the noise!!!

We didnt use the Restaurant as it was closed when we arrived.

We walked from Oxford Train Station to the hotel which took nearly 2 hours although we didnt walk quick and stopped in the city centre to look at things. We then brought a day bus ticket for the number 5 red bus which was £3.70 and lasts for 24 hours from the time of purchase. The number 5 runs every few minutes upto midnight and even has a good service on a Sunday. The hotel is about a ten minute walk from the number 5 bus stop which is by the Original Swan Pub.

If you can get a cheap room its definately worth looking at although the hotel is out of town. Plenty of parking. If your doing a one nighter concert at the 02 or The Regal and you dont need or want to be in the city centre this hotel is fine.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KimQueenofQuo
London
Reviewed 22 June 2011

This is an easy review having stayed here on the weekend of the 18th of June whilst attending a wedding in Oxford and listening to other guests complaining about the prices they paid, lack of parking or quality of their accomodation. I'd checked out other Oxford hotels and they seemed so expensive. Premier Inn is near a main road but it wasn't warm so unlike other reviewers who stayed in the summer we were able to keep the windows closed, sound insulation is brilliant, couldn't hear a thing. Property is clean, staff welcoming, ample parking, easy bus into town or taxi for £8, great breakfast and two nights for £149.00, brilliant value, don't go anywhere else. Smallesy gripe comes because they charge £9 for 24 hours WiFi, bit pricey.

Room Tip: ask for 2nd floor main building at the back
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple