“Travelling distance to Oxford”

Premier Inn Oxford Hotel
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Travelling distance to Oxford”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Typical Premier Inn with the normal good standard of comfort and cleanliness. Restaurant next door (Beefeater) with bar. Good bus service to the centre of Oxford a five minute walk from hotel. Numbers 1, 5 and 10 all go to the centre. Parking is impossible therefore bus or taxi recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StuartD21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

If you ever need a handy stop over near to bewitching Oxford then think no further than the excellent Premier Inn just on the doorstep of this historic city.
Our one night stay was ideal for my purpose of combining a rock concert on the Friday night with a day's shopping on the Saturday.
From arrival to checkout the staff were both extremely friendly and willing to assist at all times.
Check in was quick and once our room had been located and luggage sorted my wife and I ventured the short journey to the adjacent restaurant for dinner.
We both opted for the excellent risotto (mine with chicken for an extra 99p I believe) and I also sampled the pleasant house red.
The food and drink was really very good for the price and the service was above average for a budget hotel.
The room itself was clean and fresh feeling with a comfy bed, large TV and an excellent en suite bathroom with an easy to use spacious shower...shower gel provided in a handily placed dispenser!
After a good night's sleep (our room was lovely and quiet) it was off to breakfast in the restaurant.
A friendly member of staff was on hand to show you the ropes as you helped yourself to coffee/tea and a choice of cereal...I chose a tasty mix of granola &
yoghurt.
Then it was time to select your pre cooked English breakfast. I had sausages, hash brownies, baked beans, mushrooms and an epic poached egg. I say EPIC
because my first egg (separately ordered) was whisked away from our table while we were piling up our plates. However the same unflappable staff member ordered me a replacement which arrived in rapid time to enjoy with the remainder of an excellent starter for a day round the shops.
Add free parking to this and the relative closeness to Redbridge Park & Ride, which runs frequently into Oxford city centre and you know you made the right choice here
Music fans please also note that the Oxford O2 Academy is nearby. Turn right out of the hotel car park and after a 10 minute drive or so the venue is on the left hand side as you head down the Cowley road.
Book this hotel...I don't think you'll regret it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lifelongblue
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 18 November 2013

the stay was awesome, the rooms absolutely spotless.

the breakefast yummi and a huge choice

absolutely worth it!

maybe Internet should be for free. But that should be in every Hotel in General as you already get free wifi at Starbucks and so on.

best wishes from Germany

Room Tip: any room is a nice room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
birmingham
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel was ideal for free parking and a cheap night in Oxford. The room was spacious and clean. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. We had a drink in the adjoining pub then went into Oxford on the bus which was really easy and convenient.
Breakfast was ok, not the best I have had in the premier inn, it was extremely busy and there were a lot of tables crammed in. Overall I would stay here again and I think premier inn is consistently reliable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had to wait at reception for quite while before someone appeared to check us in, as reception was in staffed when we arrived. the room was very cold and damp with a rather bad smell which uncomfortable

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin R
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Oxford Premier Inn in common with most of the others is good. I didn't eat there as I didn't have time but as you come in the main entrance, turn right to reception and left to the Beefeater there is a very unpleasant smell. There is a similar smell in the corridor upstairs although the room was fine except that it was chilly. The temp control only goes up to 23.5 and I put it there as soon as I went in (from 17.5) and noticed no improvement in the heat at all. Luckily I had the room to myself and was able to double the duvet and all was fine. I do have to say that one of the main reasons I like staying in Premiers Inns is that there is normally a bath and Oxford did not disappoint. A lovely hot bath warmed me up great.

Room Tip: could do with an upgrade
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HarasNorthernIreland
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed in 2rooms when attending a family wedding in Oxford. Only slight niggle was the disabled room did not have a walk in shower which my 85 year old relative required. Staff were exceptionally courteous and rooms were very quiet and comfortable despite the place being very busy . Would recommend

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family