Victoria House Hotel
Agoda.com
US$166
US$161
Official Site
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$109
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$45
Travelodge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a great centrally located hotel so if you want to do a little sightseeing, it is a great place to be located in. The room is small and minimally furnished so don't expect too much. There is free wifi provided although the signal is intermittent at best.
If I were to be back in Oxford, I would most probably try out another hotel in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've seen a lot of reviews here that seem to expect the Ritz. Well, the VHH is not the Ritz. But it's not the pits either. It is perfect for cheap solo or group travel with friends when a central location, secure bed and affordable rate is required. I got exactly what I wanted out of this hotel - a good night's sleep - and the staff were nice, so it seems harsh to give it any less than this. Although I couldn't find the pool or the spa and conference centre.

Room Tip: I was in one called 'Christ Church' and it was not unlike the real Christ Church, but a lot smaller.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Owen O
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This hotel does have a very central location, but the room we stayed in was quite small and the matress on the bed was worn out. The service from the staff was friendly and an adequate breakfast was served in the room. The worst aspect of the hotel was the noise from the night club below (even in a third floor room). Due to this, and the lack of facilities, I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I was disappointed by this hotel. The receptionists were nice, but the managers never seemed to be accessible. The room was very small, although it was clean. The shower room was cramped, with no space to put a cosmetics/toilet bag or similar. The light over the mirror wasn't working; and the hot water was very slow to come through. Most disappointingly, the wi-fi didn't work. I specifically checked that this hotel advertised wi-fi on its website. When I complained I got no direct response from the management, and no solution either.

Breakfast was served in the room (the hotel has no dining room). OK, but cramped in this small room.

I booked this hotel wanting a central city location. Maybe I should have expected the thumping bass from a nearby event, which went on till 2.30 a.m., but had hoped to avoid this on a Thursday. And there is also a noisy central heating unit or similar just outside the window. So I'd have been better off with a B&B in a quieter location, at about half the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent, but that is also the most possitive about it, the rooms are small and you can hardly pass each other when two people is in the room. Breakfast is ok and served in the room, but you have no space for eating. There were no hot water in the tap, allthough the shower had hot water.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family